• Help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and exam papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

Do I have any hope of getting into a selective high school (yr 11)? (1 Viewer)

vsyie

HSC
Hi guys,

Selective high applications close in a week and I'm hoping to get mine in to a few schools, but I am freaking out about the HAST which is mandatory for some of the schools I am applying to. I did some practice tests, and I suck at mathematical reasoning, so that's great. I have no idea how to prepare for the test and I just don't want to do too miserably.

I have a pretty solid report (all As and five number 1 rankings in my year- but my school is 300+ so that's not impressive) and I do quite a few extra-curriculars (two instruments, soccer, SRC, running). But I'm going to do horribly in the exam. Are the test's results really important? What are my chances? Can I do anything to help myself and hopefully get in??? (Also I'm pretty g with writing and reading- so maybe not all is lost?)

Accurate

joint
HSC
im talking about HAST btw , it depends on the entry exam from school to school but they did the HAST and the school they got into was girraween high

vsyie

HSC
Thanks for the reply. It is the Hast I'll be doing. Hopefully I am overestimating how hard it will be

HSC
N/A
im talking about HAST btw , it depends on the entry exam from school to school but they did the HAST and the school they got into was girraween high
Do you if that was the first preference and what score did they get, if you mind asking them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)