do i need to still get a good atar w early acceptance?? (1 Viewer)

magdacc

HSC
i got offered early entry for western (law) and Macquarie Uni, and accepted the Macquarie one but does it mean I still need to get a good atar or can I chill?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It is all dependent on the terms of the early entry. Some universities require you to still get a certain Atar. Anyways now isn't a good time to chill and to be honest it is kind of a waste of a year's worth of work if in the last 2-3 weeks of your HSC you chill, so you should still put in the effort, because if you want to change your mind and do a different degree at least you have more options with a higher atar

Vitrecan

HSC
Usually they email you the conditions. But generally its either get a HSC or get above a certain ATAR that they have now lowered for you. For western, I think its the first condition usually.

YonOra

HSC
(I assume) It also depends on what your heart is set on, for the lack of a better phrase. If you 'chill' and don't achieve a 'high' atar, and after commencing your law degree you decide that law isn't for you (1st year changes and drop-outs for law at Uni is pretty high; proportional to other courses), it will limit your opportunities.

YonOra

HSC
(I assume) It also depends on what your heart is set on, for the lack of a better phrase. If you 'chill' and don't achieve a 'high' atar, and after commencing your law degree you decide that law isn't for you (1st year changes and drop-outs for law at Uni is pretty high; proportional to other courses), it will limit your opportunities.
just read @jazz519's post. He phrased it nicer lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)