Do mathematics 2 unit tests count? (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
ok so im doing 10 units, in which 4 are from maths ext2. does that mean no 2 unit assessments count towards anything?

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
As long as you don't drop extension 2 (which in your case you obviously can't), 2 unit doesn't count.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Nope, schools do it as an emergency so they can count your 2U exam mark if you were to drop 4U.

D94

HSC
N/A
ok so im doing 10 units, in which 4 are from maths ext2. does that mean no 2 unit assessments count towards anything?
2 unit assessments won't count for anything.

As long as you don't drop extension 2 (which in your case you obviously can't), 2 unit doesn't count.
He can drop MX2, since you can complete your HSC over 5 years (I think that was the number). It just means he can't obtain an overall "HSC" for 2011.

lolcakes52

HSC
So I get nothing for completing the 2 unit maths course? Even though if I had done two unit and not extension 2 I would have blitzed it? That doesn't seem very fair.

D94

HSC
N/A
So I get nothing for completing the 2 unit maths course? Even though if I had done two unit and not extension 2 I would have blitzed it? That doesn't seem very fair.
Well, it's your choice. If you don't think your 4U mark will scale better than your 2U mark then don't do 4U. You have up to your trials (possibly even during HSC if you've already accelerated) to make a decision.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
How good are you at 4U?

Nope, schools do it as an emergency so they can count your 2U exam mark if you were to drop 4U.
They did it for me for the first 2 assessments, but I just wrote stupid answers and essays for teh lulz. Eventually they stopped giving me exams.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
It's pretty hard for your 2U to be better than your 4U. 90-95% Raw in 2U is worse than 60% in 4U (Or so I've heard). This is coming from someone who accelerated 2U in Year 11.

seanieg89

HSC
How good are you at 4U?

They did it for me for the first 2 assessments, but I just wrote stupid answers and essays for teh lulz. Eventually they stopped giving me exams.
Haha I did the same thing.

lolcakes52

HSC
Oh alright, it is just kinda annoying. I was under the impression that I got 100 for 2 Unit if I was doing 4 Unit. That is annoying as I got 100 in all my 2 unit exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)