Do more people do private tutoring or go to coaching colleges? (1 Viewer)

oompaman

HSC
N/A
In your school, do most people get some form of tutoring?
If yes, do more people get private tutoring or go to coaching colleges?
What are the pros and cons of each?

exojun

HSC
Yes, most people ( i would say that around 120/160 if not more at my school) do at least two forms of tutoring. I know at least 70 students attend tutor for 4U math, 3U math and chemistry. Most of the tutoring is from coaching collages. I myself do 4U/3U at dr du and chem and phys at ace/matrix so i have only ever really been to coaching colleges. I personally just really like the environment at both places and found them ideal for my type of learning. Also in all my classes i was constantly surrounded by extremely high performing students which made me try harder at those subjects as well. A con would be that these coaching colleges are $$$$. Easily most of us pay around 4-5k a term for just tutor (and this is just for 3 subjects, people do more), i know its insane.

I know a couple students who do private tutoring for english and they really enjoy it. I guess the biggest pro to this would be that you get 1:1 teaching which alot of students benefit from. Closer relationships to teachers which makes for maybe a more comfortable experience too. I'm also guessing its alot cheaper.

Minaaa

HSC
I guess it comes down to the subjects you're getting tutored for. Private tutoring is quite common for subjects like math and eng because they are more tailored to address people's individual needs, while coaching colleges help with the broader subjects like chem, bio and phy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)