do prelims mean anything in terms of the hsc (1 Viewer)

neptoons

HSC
hi
doing prelim exams for the next 2 weeks but due to me being burnt out/undermotivated and done with y11 i'm not really prepared for anything.
do prelims indicate how well you'll do in the hsc? does me being burnt out now mean i'll be worse this time next year?
thx ")

Vall

HSC
But dont just give up especially if your at all planning to apply for scholarships or early entry (I highly recommend). As those generally look at prelim marks

carrotsss

HSC
Nope, but they’re still worth trying hard at because they are considered for early entry programs. If you do poorly it’s not the end of the world, but it will mean a little bit more pressure at the end of year 12 without early entry.

Also good practice imo to improve your work ethic and study technique.

chaevely_park

HSC
I would advise you to not stress out too much about the prelims - the ranks should be scraped clean at the end of Year 11, so Year 12 is basically a fresh start. But with that being said, still try your best - prelims is THE TIME to really understand and address your weaknesses, whether it be certain subjects or modules, so that you are better prepared for the real HSC. Also, early entry offers do take Year 11 results into account, so if you are going for high ATAR requiring early entry courses, make sure you try your best :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)