Do school rankings matter???? (1 Viewer)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
whats that supposed to mean mate
Better ranks = better atar is the short summary. The long one is too difficult for myself to explain. Just @ jimmy lol
bit vague there bro
Lol. If you just do your absolute best, why should you be concerned with your ranks? People gotta stop thinking that ranks is the sole reason you do well rather performing well affects your rank which affects your atar.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
No. School ranking in the state is never used in your ATAR calculation. There is no such thing as an “official school ranking”. Such rankings (e.g. by band 6s) are produced by the media and are never used in any official capacity.

HSC
No. School ranking in the state is never used in your ATAR calculation. There is no such thing as an “official school ranking”. Such rankings are produced by the media and are never used in any official capacity.
thank you very much kind sir much better explaination hope you have a good night

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
im talking about the school's rank not the students in the school buddy
so those sydney boys flops yapping about their school rank doesn't mean s#it
Damn misread that by a mile lol my bad. No it shouldn't affect anything. Though schools with higher ranks normally tend to have a candidature of higher performing students. Which in turn positively skews their atar results.

TheVuk

HSC
No. School ranking in the state is never used in your ATAR calculation. There is no such thing as an “official school ranking”. Such rankings (e.g. by band 6s) are produced by the media and are never used in any official capacity.
ohhhhhh makes sense

HSC
Damn misread that by a mile lol my bad. No it shouldn't affect anything. Though schools with higher ranks normally tend to have a candidature of higher performing students. Which in turn positively skews their atar results.
Thanks man. I appreciate it

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
They matter a lot... to some schools. As far as individuals go, and ATAR results, they have zero, zip, nada, nil, zilch, and precisely no effect.

vishnay

God
HSC
so those sydney boys flops yapping about their school rank doesn't mean s#it
when you go to a good school you're not surrounded by a bunch of braindead idiots who refuse to study and take you down with them

when they yap about their rank they're boasting about their cohort-they're just saying they're 100x smarter than a comprehensive school lol

not bashing comprehensive schools but damn going to a primary school where almost everyone ended up going to a comprehensive school just makes me remember how stupid some people are at these schools

DheerChoudhury

HSC
a bunch of braindead idiots who refuse to study and take you down with them
Bro istfg...I'm actually in pain tryna fuckin push my dead-ass class to revise for the HSC. I message one classmate who isn't particularly the brightest, doesn't pay any attention in class, and spends all his time on his phone, something along the lines of "How do you normally study for exams?", and this imbecile replies "I don't 😆".
I hate that I have to be accountable for their study, and treat it as if I've got more than just my own HSC exams to worry about.

I now envy selective cohorts with a passion, and see the true value of these schools (not that I ever doubted them)...
but I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles

vishnay

God
HSC
Bro istfg...I'm actually in pain tryna fuckin push my dead-ass class to revise for the HSC. I message one classmate who isn't particularly the brightest, doesn't pay any attention in class, and spends all his time on his phone, something along the lines of "How do you normally study for exams?", and this imbecile replies "I don't 😆".
I hate that I have to be accountable for their study, and treat it as if I've got more than just my own HSC exams to worry about.

I now envy selective cohorts with a passion, and see the true value of these schools (not that I ever doubted them)...
u absolutely don't have to and probably shoudn't be accountable for their studying although in selective cohorts its not atypical to have one person share their essays with the rest of the grade or their resources

if ur ranked well then don't bother trying to convince them just study

zizi2003_

HSC

if ur topping all your subjects, or are in top 3 at least, you don't have to care/worry about other people studying/not studying
but yeah, i get your agitation lol :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)