Do the markers care about orginality? (1 Viewer)

xinxin89

HSC
since this is the last year of doing journeys, all the texts that can be used for imaginative journeys have just about been used

so my question is, being the last year, if a large number of people chose related texts like "alice in wonderland" and "where the wild things are", woudl that affect the marker's attitude towards marking the essays? would choosing texts that have been used quite a lot affect ur marks? after all, we're the last year, so originality is kinda limited

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xinxin89 said:
since this is the last year of doing journeys, all the texts that can be used for imaginative journeys have just about been used

so my question is, being the last year, if a large number of people chose related texts like "alice in wonderland" and "where the wild things are", woudl that affect the marker's attitude towards marking the essays? would choosing texts that have been used quite a lot affect ur marks? after all, we're the last year, so originality is kinda limited
As long as you meet the outcomes that are expected and can express yourself coherently, then you should be fine.

hannahxxx

HSC
The fact that the texts are the same will mean jack all to the marker. What WILL matter though is if you use the same discussion points, quotes etc. A related text like "alice in wonderland" is incredibly complex if you analyse it closely, and I think that it would be good related piece for imaginative journeys.

Yes, many people have commented on it, but I don't believe that absolutely EVERYTHING in it has been talked about. There's always going to be aspects of texts that people haven't yet analysed.

Originality is the key to scoring well in essay because it's what makes you stand out. If, however, you are worried that you can't find ANY new points to talk about( I find this almost impossible with a text like that), then you will (obviously) have to choose another one.
Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)