Do you leave assignments till the last minute? (1 Viewer)

fantasia

HSC
ah i'm absolutely hating it. I always seem to leave assignments till the last minute. I had 3 assignments due last week and i did all of them the night before. Sleeping at 2am in the morning and waking up at 6am to finish the assignment off. It's a killer... who else does this?

I guess i do this due to a lack of motivation, it gets done the night before because i'm motivated by the fact that the assignment is due the next day. I get a rush of adrenaline and like i go on a working rampage, i get the assignments done but they arnt as good as i want them to be. But yeh i dont wanna keep doing assignments on the last minute. Its the HSC now and i need to kick the bad habit. So what motivates you guys to do the work early? Help me. I need some sleep. :eek:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Heaps of people do that. I did that when I did the HSC. And you see many many people in the morning (and afternoon) rushing assignments.

Winston

HSC
I always did that, and then the night before i just bloated all i can and kept of doing it till the assignment ended up to be 90 pages or so, and then the teacher thought i put alot of effort in it :p...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Redp3n
they do that because they are idiots
I do it too - it's human nature. :D

edit
@fantasia: hello ;)

^___^
HSC
i dun really leave it the night b4..only 2nights b4 :p

but its not a good idea...u know, time is a factor..unless ur experienced in these situation (like me who manages to get Bs and wrote the assignment on the morning b4...but i did the research info b4 that) i mean, yea...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I always did that in high school. Because i had no motivation to do otherwise, and could get away with it easily.
in UNI i changed my ways somewhat cos there are just too many, and they are physically impossible to do overnight.

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
ah, it's bad. I always think that I'll get up early in the morning and finish an assignment but when it comes down to getting up or turning off my alarm... logic says 'can always finish assignment at lunchtime'.:(

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by greeninsanity
ah, it's bad. I always think that I'll get up early in the morning and finish an assignment but when it comes down to getting up or turning off my alarm... logic says 'can always finish assignment at lunchtime'.:(
its called P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N. :D

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I sometimes do that, like right now l have a hospitality assignment due in two days and l've just started it. I don't normally do this, but l don't care...its my fault anyways.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
I sometimes do that, like right now l have a hospitality assignment due in two days and l've just started it. I don't normally do this, but l don't care...its my fault anyways.
well note, that term 4 is the time to get ahead of ya classmates who r prolly bludging....so take that into consideration and whoop their ass. :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah man, i always do my research and planing with like a week or 2 in advance... then i acutally do the assignment the day before... LOL

i think most people do that - so its okay :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, after any assignments that i did in the last minute- i always had regret...so i guess if u can picture the regret bfore its due...it mite make u more motivated to start early on it. :D

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The morning of... I had a bad tendency to do that in year 11... now in Year 12 I'm trying to cut back to at least the night before... but I just don't have any motivation, I can't be bothered, the assessments are boring, ridiculous and aren't essays... Give me a nice essay any day but some of these abstract things with teachers trying to be creatively lazy... argh!
The assessment tasks to far have been basically one command + apply it to the syllabus.
Get a bunch of sources, apply it to the syllabus. Get a criminal case, apply it to the syllabus. So on and so on...

fantasia

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Yeah. But I can type assignments in my sleep, so it's not so bad.
LoL the problem is i dont get no sleep. Everyone does it, but it sucks. You feel disappointed afterwards.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I improved in that sense during Year 12. Prior to that, almost every assessment I did was a 'the night before' effort. Thankfully, this changed somewhat, actually composing assessments early. The best I ever did was with my Extension History major work.. Finished it three weeks before it was due. :0

As for the issue of motivation itself, think that if you begin early in most cases, you're setting yourself up to do better. If it doesn't come out the way you want it, don't worry, and try again when you're in a more relaxed state. It's a luxury you can afford when working early. Another important benefit is being able to edit and refine your work based on feedback, which worked very well for English assessments throughout the year. I understand it is hard to triumph over procrastination though.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes i left them to the last minute, but by that i mean that i would aim to finish it sunday at 11 or 12 midday. so i would do it fri, sat sun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)