Do you need lessons in order to pass the driving test? (1 Viewer)

Swagiel_

HSC
Please help!
I've had one so far and he said that I need a bit more practise and that I'll be fine.

Flop21

HSC
Just get one at the very end, they'll give you all the tips to pass.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Never had a driving lesson in my life, passed no worries. Just read the Road User's Handbook.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I had 2 lessons and that was it. I pretty much taught myself to drive after the first 10 hours and my supervising driver did pretty much do nothing most of the time after the first 10 hours. If anything, they were more of a distraction lol.

Flop21

HSC
I'm always freaking out I'm going to hit something when driving, I still haven't got a feel for how wide the car is, and the being on the side of the car is even more confusing. Any tips for getting over this? Just more practice?

HSC
Uni Grad
Only take the lessons to learn how to drive, and to train for the P's test - especially helps when they can give you the tracks (or abouts) of the driving test for that particular RTA.

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm always freaking out I'm going to hit something when driving, I still haven't got a feel for how wide the car is, and the being on the side of the car is even more confusing. Any tips for getting over this? Just more practice?
What sort of car model do you have? I also think blind-spot mirrors are also a good idea to have so you can learn to park better and drive better.

Flop21

HSC
What sort of car model do you have? I also think blind-spot mirrors are also a good idea to have so you can learn to park better and drive better.
Mazda 6. It's got a lot of blind spots lol, you really have to look carefully in that car. Yeah we just got some of those (the little round mirrors right) haven't been driving for a while yet so have yet to try them out.

Sonesful

HSC
I know people who passed first go without ever getting lessons. So you don't NEED them.

MarkLivonski

HSC
N/A
i believe that to pass the test successfuly i must have some practice...any advice about that?

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
If you're uncomfortable driving and think you need a professional driver to teach you, lessons are the way to go. They are expensive though.

I had one lesson and I failed my Ps the first time. I choked under pressure but it gave me an idea of what I needed to improve for the next test.

The second time I took the test, it was easy because I knew what I was lacking (tested the next week). Just need to be calm and have the mindset, that, if you know how to drive you can drive anywhere. That was my mindset seeing as I took my test at a RMS/area that I was unfamiliar with.

Last edited:

turntaker

HSC
Took one lesson and passed first go. I didnt even have 120 hours. So not really needed. Just practice driving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)