Dodgy timetable.. can I get away with this? (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Due to late enrolment of sem2, I got dodgy times..

And I've put the PSY235 lecture and the ISYS123 prac together in the same time slot..

Do you think this would be a problem?

I dont know how the mid-sems work for either units, but I dont want any exams to clash.. and can someone clarify if PSY235 has iLectures?

And..... are you actually allowed to put two things in one timeslot?

Dont really have much options.. cos I dont want to change isys prac to the only other available time, meaning i'll have to do 7hrs uni STRAIGHT............

Thanksssssssssssssssssssss

HSC
N/A
You'll have to apply for some sort of waiver to do things at the same time. I've heard of it done before, but be prepared to have to change times. If you say "I have a clash I need to change classes" though, you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting into a class/lecture of your choice ;)

Kegs

HSC
I thought everyone has clashes. Maybe just speds like me who do strange stuff. They are fine. You need no waiver that I am aware of. I have clashes this semester, and have had them both semesters last year. Usually when it is a prac and lecturer or something like that, then you go to the prac, cause the others have ilectures. Just try to go to the one without ilecture as much as possible, (that obvious, isn't it?).

I am not aware of anyone being forced to change. They dont really care about us students so much. They will let you do pretty much whatever, just make sure that you dont fail cause of it!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
psy235 is developmental. I think there is a midsemester exam during the actual lecture, so there is at least one lecture you have to attend. Other than that, ilecture all the way :)

CieL

HSC
OOOhhh!! Thank you all so much!

So just to clarify:

- I dont need to apply for anything if I have clashing classes
- You can just sit into whichever isys prac (non-assignment) you want? Cos my psych last sem only allowed you to be in another class 2-3 times a sem
- Are the pracs compulsory? Sounds like the stat170 prac in which you can do your WASPS or GNATS online at home.. and the tutor doesnt give a crap whether you come or not
- What if........ the psych midsem and the isys assignment are on at the same time?

X

xeuyrawp

CieL said:
OOOhhh!! Thank you all so much!

So just to clarify:

- I dont need to apply for anything if I have clashing classes
Correct. It's fine without having to fill anything out.

- You can just sit into whichever isys prac (non-assignment) you want?
Correct. Although I'd definitely tell the convener and your tutor, or who ever takes the class.

- What if........ the psych midsem and the isys assignment are on at the same time?
Mention that when you talk with your convener and tutor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)