Does anyone know for USYD combined law is it possible to drop LAW "ANYTIME U WANT??" (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Just wanted to say this is a serious question and I would really appreciate any help. I know some of you have hatred towards me in the past and I apologise.

This is a question directly to the combined law students (commerce/law) to the USYD students. However this might be the same in other universities so others are welcome. Is it possible to drop the law component of a combined law degree at ANY TIME you want. Is this possible to drop the law in your first year and just go straight with b.commerce and actually major in two things instead of "1" (which is how it is in a combined law degree usually). Also is there a formal process through UAC??? or is it just internally done and simple like that?

Thank you,

enoilgam

HSC
Re: Does anyone know for USYD combined law is it possible to drop LAW "ANYTIME U WANT

Yes it is possible, it is actually quite common.

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Re: Does anyone know for USYD combined law is it possible to drop LAW "ANYTIME U WANT

Yes it is possible, it is actually quite common.
Thank you very much Enoilgam,

If anyone else could also shed some light with experience or knowledge it would be highly appreciated.

lawstu

HSC

Uh, it's actually incredibly common. Like literally incredibly. You wouldn't believe it, how many of these kids at USyd with their near-100.00 UAIs/99.95 ATARs who realise "right, so I realise what I do like and what I don't like, and what I don't like is this boring or difficult stuff". A number of these guys who drop out feel pretty crap about it because they're not maximising their indices or ranks and some of them vigorously hold onto the belief that they can last the degree or that it will eventually pay off, at least in skills and knowledge. (That isn't totally untrue after all.)

The sooner you work out you'll stick to the end of your law degree or won't do that, the better. However, don't go ahead and simply drop out of law without giving it due thought.
Thank you very much Enoilgam,

If anyone else could also shed some light with experience or knowledge it would be highly appreciated.
I know several people who did dropped out of undergrad law and of grad law. What's to know?

As long as you can be productive afterwards, great. Don't simply end up fucking around (if you're a grad-entry person).

Don't let the "oh, I failed, I failed" thing become a thing for you or get to you. Simply pack your box, maybe sell your books, and leave the law. That's it.

You can drop out internally, without UAC. Go ask the guys on Level 3 of NLB.

If you dislike law that much, you could ask for time off and come back to it. USyd's a little flexible like that but you should ask and talk to the academics and support staff.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)