Does it matter? (1 Viewer)

Newie22

HSC
Ok so we all had 2/6 extended responses to choose from and everyone does what they have studied.

Mine were Sports Med & Improving Performance.

However I looked at the Sports Med questions and thought 'Nah' I could earn more marks through another topic so I did that.

Does it matter? :uhoh:

inter108

HSC
ROFLLLLL

Fuck lol what did you do all year.

It does not matter.

But making alot of bs in a 20 mark option will be recognised by the markers and you won't be happy with you mark.

Same options i did but Sports med was a sinch loved it.

savio23q

Band
HSC
Dude, we were told to NEVER do the options that we didn't study no matter how easy they looked compared to the ones you studied. You have no idea what that syllabus had in it and what dot points/dashes to include in your response. The marker will see through it easily. Let's hope it doesn't affect your overall mark too much.

Edit: just realised you're not a dude :)

inter108

HSC
My teacher made a song.

Which stuck to me.

"Question 25 and question 26" Repeated.

SO no chance choosing other bs.

Newie22

HSC
Ahh damm, never mind. I had no idea about Sports med to be honest and thought I had a much better chance with another question I had known about pretty much by experiencing it. I'm not really into syllabus' and all that garbage so I'm not overly concerned, my reply was a good one...

If the marker was accepting, they would mark it equally.

Also, are you all saying that my exam question will be different to what the markers will be marking, how does the tests get spread around?

chrisbos2007

HSC
Newie22 said:
Ahh damm, never mind. I had no idea about Sports med to be honest and thought I had a much better chance with another question I had known about pretty much by experiencing it. I'm not really into syllabus' and all that garbage so I'm not overly concerned, my reply was a good one...

If the marker was accepting, they would mark it equally.
Syllabus knowledge is what the questions are formulated from and where the answers and marking criteria are derived from and based upon. Prescribed criteria :p What option did you end up doing?? I was reading through Equity and Health they seemed doable to me ahha but i always remember what teachers said about NEVER EVER EVEN DARE to do an option we hadn't learnt.

Should be ok though! As said above they will mark it - goodluck.

Newie22

HSC
chrisbos2007 said:
What option did you end up doing??

Should be ok though! As said above they will mark it - goodluck.
Thanks, the one about Females playing in Male dominated sports, How sport and physical activity have changed from the 19th Century to now.

I had the answers in my mind, looked at Sports med and thought I have a better chance at gaining more from the other.

Look I'm not aiming for a UAI very high anyhow. I used 2 booklets and linked it well.

Will my teacher see if I did the wrong one when they get back results? :cold:

M

mandaaababy

i actually thought that too.
i do health of young people and sports med and i wasnt too happy
i looked at the equity and health one and the questions were so easy. everything ive learnt in cfs.
except i wouldve only had 30 mins.
so my answer is, as long as you knew what you were talking about it doesnt matter :)

Newie22

HSC
inter108 said:
LOL If you get a band 6 answer by bsing.

Just LOL
TBH I'd hardly call in bullshitting, pretty common knowledge with how sport and Physical activity has changed over the years due to technology, training facillities, $$$ etc etc

The first question was how sport has been modified to suit media - I'd much rather something like that than Soft tissue injury - sorry.

Including diet aswell, Aussies are obese (1 in 4) and we are the fattest nation.

Could say I bs, but... I think I did well at it. If anyone did that section, it looked fairly straight forward, nothing scientific about it!

I did CAFS aswell, so also gained abit from that.

I shall let you all know how I went :)

savio23q

Band
HSC
Newie22 said:
TBH I'd hardly call in bullshitting, pretty common knowledge with how sport and Physical activity has changed over the years due to technology, training facillities, $$$ etc etc

The first question was how sport has been modified to suit media - I'd much rather something like that than Soft tissue injury - sorry.

Including diet aswell, Aussies are obese (1 in 4) and we are the fattest nation.

Could say I bs, but... I think I did well at it. If anyone did that section, it looked fairly straight forward, nothing scientific about it!

Well you can always go to the board of studies website and check out the syllabus to see if talked about the appropriate things.

Newie22

HSC
So everyone has done Sports med - where will my exam go? To the teacher doing the Sports med question or elsewhere?

inter108

HSC
Newie22 said:

You won't get a mark for that option you will get a mark overall.

But let me assure you that if you studied Sports med you would of known more content in that option then the one you answered using basic knowledge

I know it may see "easy" lol nothing is that clear cut.

inter108

HSC
Newie22 said:
So everyone has done Sports med - where will my exam go? To the teacher doing the Sports med question or elsewhere?
LOL what Q did you write on your page?

Newie22

HSC
inter108 said:
You won't get a mark for that option you will get a mark overall.

But let me assure you that if you studied Sports med you would of known more content in that option then the one you answered using basic knowledge

I know it may see "easy" lol nothing is that clear cut.
Yeh I know, but to be honest... never really connected with Sports med - which is why I took a gamble with the other.

Otherwise I don't know what I would have wrote. Never mind, it's over now!

emmmy

HSC
i smashed sports med.
hopefully it mades up for appalling improving performance mark :/

inter108

HSC
Newie22 said:
Yeh I know, but to be honest... never really connected with Sports med - which is why I took a gamble with the other.

Otherwise I don't know what I would have wrote. Never mind, it's over now!
True true all the best.

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
i think in the half yearlies a kid in our class answered all the option questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)