Does the school you go to really matter? (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I really agree with deswa1 - it can be summarised as the feeling made by a school CAN affect how you work and thus, affect your results however, it doesn't mean that it is not possible.

Which is definitely true.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I really agree with deswa1 - it can be summarised as the feeling made by a school CAN affect how you work and thus, affect your results however, it doesn't mean that it is not possible.

Which is definitely true.
I definitely agree. The school you go to has an impact but that doesn't mean you can't still get an incredible atar result, no matter what school you go to :)

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
If you go to a lower ranked school I'd say there is definitely more pressure on performing in the hsc exams themselves. Unlike highly ranked/selective schools, there's typically not going to be many other (if any) students who have the potential to pull your mark up in case you bomb the exam.

Capo

HSC
The school matters, in a sense, I suppose. But the thing that matters most is the student.

I've seen friends from schools that are ranked 200+ achieve 98, 99 ATAR just by working hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)