Doing a "GAP" year over seas? (1 Viewer)

nickw...

HSC
N/A
I've heard that you can organise to spend 6 months or a year over seas, through a certain organisation. Its sorta like exchange student, cept ya not in school. They organise a job n stuff for ya, that sorta thing. Any1 have ne info?

nickw...

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
i know i am going off the topic here, but one quick question...: nickw... did you go and see King Lear last night at Parramatta?
Sure did. was with lisarow high, the non-uniform school. What'd you think of it?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm Courtney is a member on the forum and shes currently in england working at a private school.. from what she says it sounds like heaps of fun..
she occasionaly comes on.. you should message her
i think applications close soon though

nickw...

HSC
N/A
Ah rihgt, you reckon careers advisor would know ne thing about it? I'm pretty keen, as i have no idea of what i wanna do at uni.

<<lauren>>

the applications for the gap program close 14th of may, but you can always apply through other programs like for au pair work in usa, if u want to be overseas for a while

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
two of my friends got accepted to Canada and Germany for 2005, yo!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
umm Courtney is a member on the forum and shes currently in england working at a private school.. from what she says it sounds like heaps of fun..
she occasionaly comes on.. you should message her
i think applications close soon though
yeah, message her, or e mail her, her profile has he address:

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2760

yeah it would be a lot of funm if you're interested definitely do it

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Hello there...nice to see i'm remembered while i'm all the way over here in the motherland.

Basically there are 2 ways to find a placement.

first of all you can write to schools and organise it indepedantly. It will inevitably be cheaper, however success is not guarenteed.

secondly you can sign up to an orgaisation such as GAP or tutors worldwide. You pay more, and go through interviews and they place you. You are not guarenteed to be accepted by the organisation.

I organised mine privately extremely late in the year, but if you don't want to do it through an organisation, Write a really polite letter about yourself and send it to as many schools as possible, you never know your luck. But start soon!

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
OH by the way...latest update. Spent easter in Sardinia, Corsica and Barcelona. Still organising summer, but i'm doing a contiki for half of august, the my dad has a bunch of conferences so i get to go to prague, iceland and barcelona with him, will be amazing. Can't wait for iceland.
The athletics team have adopted me as their gappie, the girls are all sweethearts, well most. My house is the yr 12 one, and they are just going into their final exams so everything is a bit stressed at the moment, will be sad when they go and i get 70 new girls in my house. Thats the short version. I will work on the long one. If you ever get the chance to go to Barcelona, do, its amazing, the nightlife is brilliant, and if you go to Sardinia, write to me and i will explain where the one place to go out is, the rest is dull but we found one good club. Only go to corsica in summer, its kinda dull otherwise...beautiful but dull

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)