Doing a Viva Voce on Queen. Any advice? (1 Viewer)

lizzobeth

HSC
I am so terrified because I usually stutter like an idiot whenever I'm talking to anyone. Despite the fact that Queen are my favorite band and I can ramble on endlessly about them, I'm still scared about what my teacher is gonna ask me. I'm thinking I'm gonna talk about how they're style stood out from other artists of the time (70s, 80s) and talk about the members of the band individually as well. Any advice on how to impress my teacher?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I am so terrified because I usually stutter like an idiot whenever I'm talking to anyone. Despite the fact that Queen are my favorite band and I can ramble on endlessly about them, I'm still scared about what my teacher is gonna ask me. I'm thinking I'm gonna talk about how they're style stood out from other artists of the time (70s, 80s) and talk about the members of the band individually as well. Any advice on how to impress my teacher?
Mention the concepts heaps, and have plenty of examples. I did a Viva Voce on Andrew Lloyd Weber in relation to musical theatre of the the 1940s to 25 years ago, and basically all I had to prepare was a list of his pieces, and examples of concepts.

"... has used [concept] in his piece [piece] which is apparent here -play a bit of the recording-. [direct example, aka "The French 4/3 chordal transition heard here"] was [stereotypical/atypical] of [time period/style/genre]. [Further suppport, aka "This makes the piece stand out, as this chordal movement repeats itself several times throughout" + another playing] ..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)