Doing different option? (1 Viewer)

Skyzor

HSC
Hey guys I need some advice.

I‘m thinking of doing different options for two of my subjects?

For legal studies my class is doing consumer law; however I’m thinking it would be better if I do World Order as I’m more interested in it and it relates to the core Human Rights and the international law chapter in the Crime core.

For modern history my class is doing the Cold War but I’m thinking of doing the United Nations as a Peacekeeper 1946-2001 as once again I have a greater interest in it and it strongly correlates to the legal option of World Order.

So basically I will be narrowing down what I’m focusing on ALOT.

Any thoughts? Am I making a catastrophic mistake and has anyone done it before?

Thanks.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
People have done it but are you capable of learning a whole option on your own?

muzeikchun852

HSC
i would really recommend you stick to the option you are doing at school - unless you absolutely hate it and dramatically pull down your grade.

Skyzor

HSC
Yeah thats all true, I've decided to change my legal studies option but for modern I'll stick with what we are doing in class...

I'll keep you guys posted on how I go, lol

Sammy2011

HSC
Perhaps it could be worthwhile approaching the teachers and asking if you could do the topic on your own? My friend is allowed to study her own option; when they have class she simply goes to the library and teaches herself.

Existential

HSC
N/A
For legal studies my class is doing consumer law; however I’m thinking it would be better if I do World Order as I’m more interested in it and it relates to the core Human Rights and the international law chapter in the Crime core.
World Order is the best Legal option imo. It does relate to the core and flows nicely as the first option from HRs. Its extremely interesting, especially in the flux of world order we find ourself in today. My class is finished World order and we are now starting our last topic, Indigenous Peoples. Yeah I know what you're thinking but my teacher has promised that its not the marxist shit we're used but - it focusses on the law and its objective effect on IPs rights.

I would however, express concern in doing a different option to that of your class. Teaching yourself doesn't seem too wise for something as complex as World Order without any sort of teacher help - because the texbooks aren't nearly enough. For a bludgy subject like PE maybe, but be careful with something as awesome as Legal and whether your up to it. I mean Consumer Law sounds boring and all but just weigh up all the implications before making this decision. :)

Skyzor

HSC
Thanks for the advice Sammy and Existential.

I did talk with my legal studies teacher yesterday, surprisingly he wasn't too critical of my choice. He said that it might not be the 'wisest' choice but he can understand why I am doing it. We agreed on me submitting my work on a weekly basis which includes will includes media items and all other LCMDTs i find. Pretty easy task considering the amount of articles on Libya and consequently UN resolutions. I will submit essays alongside my normal book work for marking.

Hopefully it works out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)