Doing EE2 with 10 or 12 units? (1 Viewer)

terra1234321

HSC
Hey guys!

I don't really use Bored of Studies that much (even though I probably should), but I just wanted to start a bit of a discussion whether it's risky doing EE2 as your 10th unit, or to keep 12 units as a 'back up'. Due to the nature of this course, a lot of work load needs to be put in (writing in general, research, handing in drafts, polishing, etc) and recently my other subjects have been horribly neglected. I love Extension 2, so I'm definitely not considering dropping it, however I'm not quite sure in my ability to maintain my 12 units and still perform well in all of my other subjects. I'm considering to drop Business Studies, as I hated it from the start and just kept it because my parents lol.

My current subjects are:
-English Advanced
-English Extension 1
-English Extension 2
-General Maths
-Community and Family Studies
-Japanese Beginners
-Business Studies

So what are your opinions? Is it worth the risk doing EE2 on 10 units? Or should I maintain my 12 units just in case my Major flops? (In my Viva Voce I got 16/20, the deducted marks were for not determining the point in history my Major is set and also other silly mistakes hehe)

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hey! I did EE2 with just 10 units, and I ended up fine with it :p (It scales very well, so for me the fear wasn't as real. I knew it would help in the long run). You're right, EX2 is very subjective, with someone people in this website getting almost full marks internally and ending up with an E3. However, if you are getting good marks with everything else and you're confident with your other subjects, then I say go for it!

Best of luck with your academic endeavours.

chiefpasco

HSC
Your EE2 piece would have to be spectacularly shit to have "flopped" in it.

4 units of English is awesome, I finished it while doing 12 units and coped just fine. If you truly wanted to drop a subject then do it, but as they always say, you run the risk. I was also doing 14 units at one stage and coped fine with that too, although internally for EE2 i got shitty marks because i neglected the value on internals for that subject (still think its stupid) but the finished product was very good nonetheless.

chiefpasco

HSC
The amount of units you do is not dependent on how hard year 12 will be for you. For instance, I had a good mixture of humanities and sciences which ultimately gave me variety. Your current program would equate to a workload of someone doing 4-Unit math and just chem workload wise, so you dont actually have it bad as say someone who does 12 units of: 4unit math, chem, physics, economics, bio and modern.

torterra1234561

HSC
Lmao damn I completely forgot I posted on here, I revisited this page cause I just graduated and wanted to see if any 2019 major works came up and ended up almost having a heart attack realising someone else had the same exact set of subjects as me. What is very weird is that I graduated at the end of 2019 how would I have known what viva voce marks I got if this was in 2016 and I did my viva voce in late 2018 ... ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)