Doing HSC exam (1 Viewer)

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
For those who have done the HSC already, what is the feeling like when going into the exam hall. Is it a similar vibe as your trial exams?
Or is it less stressful considering you know what to expect (as you've already done trial exams of the same exam length, maybe even increased difficulty of your trials).

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
I mean if you’ve prepared enough you should feel both excited and nervous. The second you start the paper you’ll be smiling to yourself when you recognise or understand how to solve the questions due to preparation. Overall just enjoy the moment. For me, I finished my math ext 1 paper early so kinda just sat there reviewing my solutions going holy shit that was fun : )

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Recalling my experience, I feel like it was a bit of a mix. Trial exams are in most cases the first exams that students sit which are essentially designed to reflect the format/structure of HSC exams. While this in itself could lead to stress, I do not recall being stressed for any of my trial exams, with the exception of my Information Processes and Technology trial exam, for which I was slightly stressed prior to sitting it, although that could have been due to arriving at school too early and having to wait outside the exam room for some time. In addition to having prepared to the best of my abilities, the other reason that enabled me to maintain my confidence and reduce stress was the fact that trial exams are worth significantly less than HSC exams.

As for HSC exams, I personally felt more excited than I was stressed. Not only did the completion of each of my HSC exams mark the end of each of my subjects, but seeing a physical HSC paper right in front of me made me happy and optimistic (likely because I then realised all the hard work that I put in throughout year 12, much like you, and that this was the culmination of it). With that being said, I was only slightly stressed for my Business Studies HSC exam, but that stress disappeared as soon as I sat down and started the exam.

A few things I did in order to minimise stress about my HSC exams in particular were:
  • Eating well.
  • Sleeping and waking up at reasonable times as well as sleeping for a sufficient amount of time.
  • On the night before each exam and on the day of the exam, I would do a little prayer (optional, depending on your own circumstances).
  • Arriving at the exam hall at a reasonable time, therefore avoiding the issue that I faced with my IPT trial exam.
  • Thinking about what it means to be sitting my HSC exams and how exciting it would be to be finally done.
I hope this helps! :D

d1zzyohs

HSC
For those who have done the HSC already, what is the feeling like when going into the exam hall. Is it a similar vibe as your trial exams?
Or is it less stressful considering you know what to expect (as you've already done trial exams of the same exam length, maybe even increased difficulty of your trials).
I took an accelerated course and I felt much better than trials. Obviously, because your taking basically the same exam but with about 2-3 months of more study.

HSC is also easier for most schools anyways... That is unless NESA decides to be a little exploratory (ahem, 2021 maths advanced statistics fiasco).

You'll be good, godspeed to the both of us.
(Can't believe it's already next wednesday... I'm so sick of doing english papers.)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Felt normal since we had 3 sets of trials so that was heaaaaps of practice.

Only felt a bit nervous for physics since I slept like 4 hrs for it but I was excited to do the maths ones since I was confident and had the mindset that I was gonna get 100. I was also nervous for physics since I did like 10 papers but had no time to mark any of them as I stayed up late memorising content...

Nebth3master

HSC
Luckily I don't have to do it in the hall because I have special ADHD provisions so I get to do it in a small room with other ppl with provisions. It honestly relieves so much pressure that I can't imagine doing my exams in the hall with everyone else. But the feeling of hsc is much worse than trials. During trials u understand that they don't determine as much as u think (only 30% of ur internal 50%) so u know u can just study harder for the hsc, but when ur nearing the hsc u know this is it and u have to make it count.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)