Doing Speech! Post HERE! (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
})({ said:
hey guys,
im new here and i just started year 12.
im doing 4 units of english and i have some ideas for my major work. i want to do a speech or a collection of speeches. but i need to ask/clarify some things:
1. how much is the actual content of the speech worth and how much is presentation?
2. can you present a couple of speeches debating an issue, if you pose as different people? (say for instance in the case of a court trial?)
3. how much should it relate or link to a text we study in class? should this be extension 1 english or just plain advanced that we link it to? do we need to link at all??

and just on another note:
for extension 1, who is doing the individual and society? any advice for the course?

thanks a lot! i wish you all the very best of luck in your exams!!
answers
1. examiners don't tell us, but reflection is worth about 15-25 of the total marks i've heard.
2. you can if you want as long as u can link all your speeches together with one concept.
3. it's good to have a strong confident link with English Advanced and English Ext

http://www.olmc.nsw.edu.au/learning/info_services/study_assistance/Standards/2002/ENG/EXT2/

have a look at the past standards package, 2002 a great speech in exemplars.

edensmells

HSC
speeches in general

hey guys im thinking of doing a speech for my major. I went to a convention at darling harbour for e2 and the guys said 2 or 3 speeches is best????/ curious how many you guys did and whether you thought this medium was succesful. also, should i do a speech on something sociological or literary or do you think it would be cool to do a speech on somehting not 'academic' and researching the shit out of it to make it interesting and thought provoking. just worried that my idea wont be interesting to anyone else,
cheers guys

beckaa

HSC
I am doing a speech. I didn't even know there were conferences for E2. I live in Bathurst so we don't have anytthingg like that. I'm also the only one doing a speech in my class. Soooo this forum is helpful!

My topic so far: "Political Correctness Goes Too Far". I hope to implement a reasonable amount of humour.

Did you guys read the speeches on the board of studies? they are sooo good. its going to be hard to make.

More examples of previous speeches would be great, i think someone should post some moree.

Last edited:

mazs

HSC
HEY

Sorry this is a few years too late but I'm done Ext 2 and a speech this year.
Just wondering if you guys ended up going to a studio?
Was it worth it?
What was the price?
And do you have any recommendations for any studios in Sydney?

Thanks,
M

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)