DPP thought our test sucked (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Well, as much as I think our DPP is obviously a smart man and a good lawyer, I think most of his criticisms are unjustified. His first complaint is 'what is a focus study' - of course he wouldn't know that, he didn't even do the course.

Some of his criticisms are valid though - I didn't really like the question that compared natural law with natural justice.

jessica.anne

HSC
N/A
And the inevitable essay writing in which a student's analytical skills and judgment may be demonstrated - what to leave out, rather than what to include.
This.

Although there is clearly a distinction between being a lawyer and pre-university level legal studies.

insideout

HSC
Well, as much as I think our DPP is obviously a smart man and a good lawyer, I think most of his criticisms are unjustified. His first complaint is 'what is a focus study' - of course he wouldn't know that, he didn't even do the course.

Some of his criticisms are valid though - I didn't really like the question that compared natural law with natural justice.
i didn't even know what they were fully like! We never did them much in class!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
University law exams which are something the DPP would remember are a lot different to legal studies exams (which is something he admits he isn't familiar with). I wouldn't really worry about it

Oliver04

HSC
University law exams which are something the DPP would remember are a lot different to legal studies exams (which is something he admits he isn't familiar with). I wouldn't really worry about it
was gonna say, its a lot more in depth and problem solving base.

tbh I think the hsc course is great, gives students a general overview of the legal system which is especially handy for crim.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Essentially, the legal syllabus is ok. But there are too many aspects of it which are outdated, ambiguous and ill-suited.

Rextu

HSC
He does sound like a bit of an old kook in this article, but I'm sure he means well to the kids who sat it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)