drafts, vivas, I DUNNO!!! (1 Viewer)

winicat

HSC
yay for me! last weekend i wrote 2000 words of my essay and 1500 for my reflection statement. whoever told me i was stupid and my idea was way too broad got a reference to them in my reflection :) yay them!!!
i had my second viva today and OMG i just couldn't think of anything to say! i mean, come on! what are the features of a critical response?!?! it's sooo easy for creative stuff but what am i meant to talk about? use of quotes, structure, level of language, the end. come on!!!
my response is now based on the quote every journey begins with a single step and how it is portrayed through marsden's use of the journal technique in so much to tell you and take my word for it. my response is going good now. i'll prob finish it in the holidays which will be yummy. how far along is everyone else? has anyone else started their reflections yet? we had to hand in a draft as part of our second viva voce.
hmm... what else can i annoy everypeoples about?? i dunno. i'm rambling now. just generally explaining what i've done recently seeing as my laptop is at the fixers and i can only get on the internet when my brother is out (ie. i'm on his computer). blah! shutup now kitty!!!!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hehe i hope you didn't take offense when i suggested your idea might be a bit broad! when i said it i only meant that it might help you get started... cuz it was the same for me

fuck i need to go work on it! ahh

winicat

HSC
no! no offense taken!!! it was very good advice!!!!!!! (sorry, got excited there...) our teacher is basically useless so any help/advice i get is good lol in telling me to narrow my idea it was good cause now i'm heaps focused and able to write lots. before i was just so unfocused that i couldnt work out where to begin. now i've got 2000 words done so that's much better (considering how soon it's due in!!!)
i can't believe how close it is to everything being over. once i've handed this in i'll be happy cause then all i have to worry about are the actual hsc exams. and then after that it's SCHOOLIES which is fantastic and totally my driving force. i keep going "just work a bit more, only a little while longer. the better you do the better schoolies will be" i don't know...
i feel heaps better about my crit response now cause i have so much of it done. i don't have to worry about it quite so much anymore.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeah that's what it was like when i got started! unfortunately i've neglected it the past 3 weeks. starting wednesday, 500 words a night!! :p

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I'm just about to start on my report. It's shitting me, honestly. Who cares about my 'process'??!! My process of investigation is really quite dull - I liked the composer, I researched, pulled my own ideas and formed the critical response. Now how do I put that into 750-1000 words? :p

Has anyone started the report? Anyone wanna give me some help? lol I think I'm just going to fill it up with my influential composers and they're thoughts on my topic and how it inspired me.

Good luck everyone on the hols for working on our mws!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I've already done mine... um, here's the basic outline ->

intro -> talked about how the research in general assisted in the development of my major work, basically 200 words on how important research is.

1st paragraph -> mentioned how i used 2 main methods of research - in my case researching sexuality + researching buffy - talked about the things i " researched" (i made half of it up mind you) about sexuality and how i overcame any difficulties

2nd paragraph -> talked about my topic specific research - ie the things i researched that were directly related to buffy - tied it back to the themes in my mw and again mentioned specific texts which helped me develop my argument

3rd paragraph -> talked about researching the form... this was in my case mostly about how i investigating the different forms i could write a crit in and what i felt were the pros/cons of the ones i most seriously considered, and how the research helped me really cement my form

conclusion -> again talks about the importance of research to composing my mw - talks about the skills it has given me as a writer and a thinker - and helped to shape the form and thesis of my mw.

hope that helps : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)