Driver logbook (1 Viewer)

omgg

HSC
Do they check the odometer readings? I'm gonna take the test soon and some of my numbers are messed up because my car's odometer is a bit old and dodgy and I forgot to record my first 40 hours or so.

I'm a bit nervous about this because I heard some guy mention that since we have to register our cars every year, they keep a database of all the odometer readings when you register and the RTA checks that number with the odometer in my logbook for disparities. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or something...

astroman

HSC
doubt they keep a reading on the odo, but when they check it they just flick through it pretty quickly, like too see how much you've written, doubt they actually read it. And they don't read the odo in the car, they only check fuel, but odo is right there so they might get a glance.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
lol they don't check that thoroughly

just make sure you know how to drive

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Just don't do it in pencil. I did half my log book in pencil and they made me pay for a new driving test. rip

spatula232

HSC
My instructor just asked me how many hours I did, looked at the last page and off we went lol

coolies1

HSC
If you know a rough distance for each journey, you can just make it up. Start from most recent and work backwards and account for other people driving the car and you should be alright. i.e. A car travelling approx. 10k km a year is not uncommon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)