drop to 10u? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Chem eco 4u maths 3u eng

Bombed 4u maths first task but i actually have the drive to work harder for this subject (and kind of enjoy it). Ranked decently for chem, 3u maths, adv english. I didnt have an assessment for ext eng. Should i drop ext eng? I dont have a good teacher and honestly not a subject i see myself doing well in but also not sure because i have historically done 'well' in english but not so for in-class tasks only hand in. Really worried ab the risk of 10u and having all my subjects count. What do u think? Aiming for above 95 because not sure what course exactly i want to do yet.

icycledough

HSC
Pretty much, if you weigh up the pros and cons of keeping 10 units vs dropping, it may help you in your decision.

Pros of keeping 11 units:

• Backup unit if things don't go completely to plan
  • Have the right mindset for 4U (which means you will inherently work harder in it)

Cons of keeping 11 units (pros of dropping to 10 units):

• 'Extra work' as an extra exam
  • Not motivated as much for Extension English (I don't know too much about Extension vs Advanced, so hopefully, someone can provide some advice on that)
Personally, I would keep 11 units (but that's probably my bias as I also did 11 units for my HSC, and didn't see it as much more work compared to 10 units) as you have the extra back up subject. You also have a bit more time first term of next year to decide if you want to drop a unit or not, based on your performance in your next exams.

nourished.

HSC
Chem eco 4u maths 3u eng

Bombed 4u maths first task but i actually have the drive to work harder for this subject (and kind of enjoy it). Ranked decently for chem, 3u maths, adv english. I didnt have an assessment for ext eng. Should i drop ext eng? I dont have a good teacher and honestly not a subject i see myself doing well in but also not sure because i have historically done 'well' in english but not so for in-class tasks only hand in. Really worried ab the risk of 10u and having all my subjects count. What do u think? Aiming for above 95 because not sure what course exactly i want to do yet.
10 is fine. From my experience, students rarely ever absolutely flunk one subject that it massively impacts their marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)