Dropping a Subject (1 Viewer)

dunlop1234

HSC
Hey guys, I'm currently in year 11 and will just be wondering which subject i should drop to take Extension 2 Maths. Either: Modern History- Report Mark was 90 or Ancient History- Report Mark 97. Will ancient scale really far down or be more beneficial then modern?

norwegianwood

HSC
your ancient mark is amazing, but modern is good too. do you have to drop one?
do you enjoy one more than the other?
or maybe find out what options/etc your school studies for year 12 and pick which one interests you most?

dunlop1234

HSC
Right now modern is my lowest mark-90, and i want to take ext 2 maths. I like both equally so i'm kinda unsure, which one will get me a higher mark in the overall HSC? I heard ancient scales really badly.

Makematics

HSC
brah ext 2 is a lot of work! if you are smashing the humanities, you will get the same HSC mark with a lot less work! how are your 3 unit marks?

dunlop1234

HSC
In my first 3 unit test i got 95% but in my second one i left a question (i did not see it) and got 86%. In 2 unit i got 92% in both tests. Right now im juggling between ext 2 maths or ext 2 english or both or no ext 2

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Look at your ranks too, one test could be easier then the other. If you're rank 1 in both, then think if you want to be doing ww1 and ww2 again for the HSC or an ancient civilisation like Minoans or depending on your school, whatever it is.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
I did 12 units for HSC. The subject I was going to drop halfway through the year was Modern History as it was my worst mark.

When HSC results came out turned out I aced the exam and it turned out to be one of my better subjects (and a big improvement in trials helped too). Admittedly I only skimmed your post but if you can cope with more than 10 units definitely do it, You might surprise yourself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)