Dropping Maths in Year 12? Wise decision? (1 Viewer)

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
hey guys :)
so I really need some advice as to whether it would be wise to drop maths in year 12. I'm planning to do Law @ Macq and Mathematics isnt a requirement. In fact, none of the courses/back up courses I want to do require maths. I really want to go into the HSC with all my strengths, these being the humanities subjects.
These are my planned subjects for Year 12:
English Ext 2
Modern Hist
Ancient Hist
Ext Hist
SOR 1
Business OR SOR II and Business with no EXT HIST (Which combo would be better?)

So my real question is whether it would be a good idea to go with my strengths and drop maths in Year 12 (im doing adv, but I hate it and am not good at it) Thanks in advance guys :)

HSC
I'm having that problem too. I'm doing general maths and whilst I'm finding it pretty easy, maths is still my weakest subject and I don't know whether I should drop it or keep it (because it's easy at the moment) I want to do Arts/Law and you don't need maths.

Personally, I would drop it seeing as you want to play to your strengths and maths doesn't seem to be a strength. If you like the subjects you want to do for year 12 then that might also make you get better marks.

Maybe you should leave it a few weeks though and see how you go?

Sorry, I'm not exactly much help! :)

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
hey! thanks so much for the reply :)
so I see you're in the same position as me, trying to do law!
I think I will end up dropping Maths in Year 12, but for Year 11 its compulsory in our school haha

Good luck to you though ! :)

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Drop maths. If it is gen maths however definetelyyy drop it.
You will not be bothered to keep up with it and its a hard subject to do if you are not motivated.
Keep EXT Hist.

enoilgam

HSC
Since you have just started year 11, keep an open mind when it comes to which subjects you want to keep and which you want to drop. When I started year 11, I was adament that I was going to keep SOR II and MX1 and I was pretty certain that I would drop legal studies. By the begining of year 12, I had dropped SOR II and MX1. Also, I think you should consider keeping 2 unit if you want to do commerce, especially if you plan on doing a finance or accounting major.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)