DSE Powerhouse! (1 Viewer)

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
HI everyone
Does anyone know anything about working at DSE powerhouse? ANY information, ie: pros and cons would be really appreciated as I have an interview soon

Even if you don't work there - and you know people who do, tell me their experiences... I really need to know about this job ... Thanks!!

Undertoad

HSC
Which powerhouse do you have an interview for? I applied but haven't had a call yet.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Interview is for Warringah Mall

If anyone works here or works at any Powerhouse, any personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

(And lots of thanks to 2 individuals who sent me lots of information via PM. Much appreciated)

Collin

HSC
N/A
My friend used to work at DSE Powerhouse Warringah Mall. Myself, also working at an IT retailer (Officeworks) should remind you that whatever relevance our words can give depend on knowing which department you'll be working in. Are you looking for a POS position? Or maybe selling laptops, PCs etc.?

By the way, I go to W.Mall all the time. Good job on putting up your pic, now I can stalk you.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
JKDDragon said:
My friend used to work at DSE Powerhouse Warringah Mall. Myself, also working at an IT retailer (Officeworks) should remind you that whatever relevance our words can give depend on knowing which department you'll be working in. Are you looking for a POS position? Or maybe selling laptops, PCs etc.?

By the way, I go to W.Mall all the time. Good job on putting up your pic, now I can stalk you.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well it is only a tiny picture so you won't recognise me...!!! *prays*

And I have no idea what department I will be working in if I got the job, I will find out all that tomorrow, and if it sucks I will kindly reject the offer....maybe, I need the money lol......

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well are you tech savvy? If you charmed the pants off the managers with a resume full of tech-related credentials, you could be offered an IT sales position. Otherwise you'll probably end up doing checkout. Maybe I'll even catch you there next time. As you scan the barcode of my The Saddle Club Season 2 DVD boxset, I'll enthusiastically exclaim 'Hey JOOOBL, come online to BOS after work for another nite of intarw3b fun!!'

Hahahahahaha.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
I would probably prefer to work at the checkout lol.... Or in the DVD section because I worked in a dvd shop for over a year (you may know it, the one in Newport)... And this is just until I go to uni anyways, I didn't apply for uni @ the start of this year, silly me...Maybe mid year or next year I may apply for it.

And if you try and talk to me like I'm some computer forum user, I will pretend I have no idea what you are talking about, because:

I am too 'cool' for the intarnet... :cold: ...........lame, I just wanted to use that cold icy emoticon

Collin

HSC
N/A
Which school did you go to?

I lived in Newport once. Then I moved to Avalon, and then Narrabeen and now moving soon to Collaroy.. and moving back to Av by the end of the year.

Hey, don't ever do that if I approached you like that. Or else [threat] I'll look behind to the queue and shout out that jooobl is my intarw3b friend and that we hang out lots on teh web. Hahahaha.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Jeez, on the northern beaches I have only lived on the plateau and newport.

And as for the threat, I am starting to hope that I don't get the job... haha jk I NEED MONEY, maybe I will wear a wig or plaster myself in make up yeaaaaaa that'll learn em.

Last edited:

Clutch.

HSC
Haha weird, I just applied at W Mall DSE the other day and I also live in Newport.

Don't expect to get the job though, application wasn't all that impressive.

Let us know what the interview is like.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Lol, I don't know if I want it or not... Well I do because of money, but I have heard really bad things said about it on here, which is enough to make me reconsider.
Newport ey, another local person yay. :)

Clutch.

HSC
jooobl said:
Lol, I don't know if I want it or not... Well I do because of money, but I have heard really bad things said about it on here, which is enough to make me reconsider.
Newport ey, another local person yay. :)
Yeah I'm not too sure either. Applied for a couple of local bar/bottle-o jobs today so if I get lucky there then I won't try for DSE.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
I had my interview today, they sounded really nice, all the staff and everything were helpful, so I hope I get the job - I find out on friday :) I wouldn't mind working there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)