dumb mistake - marks?? (1 Viewer)

muffetl

HSC
For all of Q23 C (i, ii and iii) i put it as if it was out of 13. Don't ask how! So if i get all the answers correct for if it was out of 13 will they perhaps give me a few marks? HELP, very disappointed!

PC

HSC
N/A
If you've done all your working correctly then you'll probably only be penalised once. Some teachers write this as IPE (ignore previous error), and then mark as if you would have got the question correct. Shouldn't be too bad.

Anyway ... it's over now. Start preparing for the next exam ... or get down to the pub!

HSC
I, too, have made some bad mistakes. Question 8, for some reason, I put C even though my first reaction was D. The answer is D, isn't it? And for the kangaroo question, I put A. How do you do that kangaroo question?

danster

HSC
Only thing on the exam which i was like "What the hell" was the bloody share dividend multiple choice one.

HSC
Q8 shits me, Is C ruled out completely. I knew the answer was D but something in my head said put in C, i didn't put C in for no reason. lol anyone there who can safely say that the answer is D? Any 3u guys lol

Smartie87

HSC
#23 said:
Q8 shits me, Is C ruled out completely. I knew the answer was D but something in my head said put in C, i didn't put C in for no reason. lol anyone there who can safely say that the answer is D? Any 3u guys lol

yes i am willing to bet my life on it....

tanO= 85
O=tan-1 85

its like algebra... to get rid of tan on one side, you do the shift function (tan-1) on the other side. i promise u, the answer is d!!!

Dont worry, i got 14 wrong!!! my brain saw the difference of 2 between 135 and 137 and breezed over it, not realising that they hadnt added! wat a friggen dumb ass i am!! i really thought too much about this paper and read into it waaaaaaaaaaay too far... and look where that got me! only a 94-95 :(

HSC
I made alot of stupid mistakes that cost me getting 95, that includes
- not being able to read off a area graph
- not reading that interest doesnt include principal (in that spreadsheet question)
- not timesing my expected financial return by 60 GRR!!!!!

saelma

HSC
Overall i found the G. maths exam good BUT last night i had a quick re-read of some of the questions and i realised the STUPID mistakes i had made that will most likely cost me a band 6.

eg. i found the volume for qu 28 a ii instead of the area the tiles covered. And that qu had to be worth 4 frickin marks!!

i also got a few m/c wrong.
what was the answer to 21??? & 13?

pig_93

HSC
haha yeah i got that wrong too
soooooooo many of my friends did volume and the rest did SA and yet found it a difficult q cos u had to use half of the cylinder formula and all that.
so even if we did see it as SA question, it would have been a stickler!!

and i know!! 4 marks!! grrr!
i reckon we'll still get 1 for substituting all that garbage in though. u kno what i mean???

mthommo

HSC
the capture recapture stuff (the kangaroo q) was from yr 11 and so was dividend yield...but i neva heard of them either till i went through the yr 11 textbook

HSC
That dividend yield question got me. I had no idea what it meant. I guess that explains it, it was year 11 work.

Mandy101

HSC
#23 said:
I, too, have made some bad mistakes. Question 8, for some reason, I put C even though my first reaction was D. The answer is D, isn't it? And for the kangaroo question, I put A. How do you do that kangaroo question?
The Kangaroo question:

He tagged 50 kangaroos, and when he recaptured 200, he saw that 5 were tagged.

Hence 5/50 kangaroos were captured that he originally tagged.

So 5/200 = 50/x

50/5 = 10

200 x 10 = 2000

I hope that makes sense, it's difficult to explain.

mthommo

HSC
Mandy101 said:
The Kangaroo question:

He tagged 50 kangaroos, and when he recaptured 200, he saw that 5 were tagged.

Hence 5/50 kangaroos were captured that he originally tagged.

So 5/200 = 50/x

50/5 = 10

200 x 10 = 2000

I hope that makes sense, it's difficult to explain.
oo!! oo!! ask me!! ask me!! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)