Eas Form (1 Viewer)

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
how does this work?
do they send u a latter saying how many credit points u get?
can sum1 feel me in?
i dont know what happens with it

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
Originally posted by d00d
shut up u rort
well sorry dood, u dont have interuptions
u didnt have to work 30 hours a week, not to mention having family problems like parents about to split and shit.....
if u dont have the problems i do then shut the f..k up.
u dont know what iv been and what iv gone though.....
despite all this interuptions i still managed a uai of 79 without study...... and also early entry to the course i wanted.

holl

Well you have to apply to UAC for it. Then UAC will send you letter saying if you are eligable for the EAS. Then the uni's you apply at will send you a letter saying if you are eligable at their uni. What then happens is that they reserve a certain percent of the course places for EAS students. The EAS places are then given out to the EAS people who get the highest UAI's untill all those places have been filled. You can usually get into a course with a UAI 5 points higher than yours if you are an EAS student. I hope that makes sense. What EAS are you eligable for?

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
UOW and UTS... they r the only unis i applied for......
i knew all the things u told me, thanks btw. but i wanna know if they send u a letter sayin what ur uai is at their uni... but i guess not.

holl

Sorry i was no help.
Heaps of people from my school got letters from UTS saying they were not eligable for the EAS at that uni. Dont know why, and i dont think thats fair, cause the whole point of EAS is to help disadvantaged students. The reason why they dont tell you what your uai will be at their uni is cause it just depends on other EAS students. They just fill the EAS places with those who got the highest uai's so it will be different for each uni and each course. Did you get a letter from UOW saying you were eligable for EAS there? I havent received one yet, so i will ring tommorow but I think i am cause everyone else from other years at my school have been eligable. I got one from UNSW and USYD saying I was eligable there.

MiKeY

HSC
If you check the front of the big EAS booklet - it lists which Uni's notify students of their eligibility and which don't.

UOW doesn't notify students.

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
Originally posted by holl
Sorry i was no help.
Heaps of people from my school got letters from UTS saying they were not eligable for the EAS at that uni. Dont know why, and i dont think thats fair, cause the whole point of EAS is to help disadvantaged students. The reason why they dont tell you what your uai will be at their uni is cause it just depends on other EAS students. They just fill the EAS places with those who got the highest uai's so it will be different for each uni and each course. Did you get a letter from UOW saying you were eligable for EAS there? I havent received one yet, so i will ring tommorow but I think i am cause everyone else from other years at my school have been eligable. I got one from UNSW and USYD saying I was eligable there.
i got my eas accepted at UTS

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
i think the last date was 30th Sept, so i think if u have not applied u have missed out on it..though u can still call the UAC and ask about it.

i got accepted for UTS, UNSW, and Usyd, these are the only ones i applied for.

holl

I applied and was accepted at the uni's who are on my preferences, its really strange tho how UTS would not accept people from my school. I didnt have UTS on my preferences so I didint get a rejection letter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)