Easiest exam for a far while? (1 Viewer)

Easiest Modern History exam?

• Yes

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Depends what you studied really, but for me it was an awesome exam really.... much better than my trial as well due to having the Somme as WWI instead of Total War.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I don't think it was the easiest. I think it continued with the usual sort of standard. Not too heavy, not to light- just right. [/end product placement]

kouklitsa

can i just say, just coz something is easy doesnt mean that people are going to go well.. the standards they expect are fairly high and alot of schools dont mark to that standard anymore.. and alot of times i find people saying they find things easy, and you know what marks they end up with? 70% type marks or lower.... so the so-called difficulty is quite irrelevant if you ask me. this wasnt any easier than any other history paper ive seen.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
god how annoying

it was a standard modern history exam. nothing different from previous years. and i think it really depends on what bloody things you studied in relation to National Studies and Conflict

Maybe YOU found them easy with your respective things you studied, but maybe the other shit wasnt.

Tynjail

I just about wet my pants with Joy when i saw the National study questions for Germany. Even though they were very specific, i had had a long debate with my friend the night before on EXACTLY THOSE TWO SYLLABUS POINTS!!!!!!!!! Both him and i were absolutlely extatic. Good luck 2 everyone Its not the end no matter what!!!!.

C

Crazy Pomo

kouklitsa said:
can i just say, just coz something is easy doesnt mean that people are going to go well.. the standards they expect are fairly high and alot of schools dont mark to that standard anymore.. and alot of times i find people saying they find things easy, and you know what marks they end up with? 70% type marks or lower.... so the so-called difficulty is quite irrelevant if you ask me. this wasnt any easier than any other history paper ive seen.
Stop raining on our parade. It was a peice of piss. Your just scared. Scaredy cat.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
Stop raining on our parade. It was a peice of piss. Your just scared. Scaredy cat.
shut up man. The exam wasn't easy in comparison to past years, and that's what this poll is all about. it was pretty much standard,not particuarly easier than usual.

C

Crazy Pomo

fleepbasding said:
shut up man. The exam wasn't easy in comparison to past years, and that's what this poll is all about. it was pretty much standard,not particuarly easier than usual.
I know fuckface. How can you not say the core was straightfoward. Germany was straightfoward aswell. No obscure dates, and it was obvious what they were looking for. The Cold war was kinda ok I think. I think it was fair and I've seen harder questions. Of course, this doesn't mean I shall go brilliantly. I just should have given the standard of the paper.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
last year was just as easy on all fronts (get it, like homeFRONT!), so it is silly to go around saying this years was the "easiest". WW1 is always easy if you hadn't noticed yet.

C

Crazy Pomo

fleepbasding said:
last year was just as easy on all fronts (get it, like homeFRONT!), so it is silly to go around saying this years was the "easiest". WW1 is always easy if you hadn't noticed yet.
Point taken

nwatts

HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
I know fuckface. How can you not say the core was straightfoward. Germany was straightfoward aswell. No obscure dates, and it was obvious what they were looking for. The Cold war was kinda ok I think. I think it was fair and I've seen harder questions. Of course, this doesn't mean I shall go brilliantly. I just should have given the standard of the paper.
'Conservative elite' = not straitforward to many, i'm afraid. The paper was fair, but I would not call it a "piece of piss".

C

Crazy Pomo

nwatts said:
'Conservative elite' = not straitforward to many, i'm afraid. The paper was fair, but I would not call it a "piece of piss".
Like I said...point taken.

jackal8

HSC
it was easy for...

ww1: dead set straighforward, little knowledge needed

russia: very basic open ended questions

trotsky: dead set easy for anyone

indochina (maybe): again, easy and open ended, heaps to talk about

although, the questions for russia and indochina i had done, almost exactly. in previous assessments/trial.

C

Crazy Pomo

jackal8 said:
it was easy for...

ww1: dead set straighforward, little knowledge needed

russia: very basic open ended questions

trotsky: dead set easy for anyone

indochina (maybe): again, easy and open ended, heaps to talk about

although, the questions for russia and indochina i had done, almost exactly. in previous assessments/trial.
Same here for my options. (GERMANY and COLD war)... I realise in reflection that in World War one I didnt have enough of my own knowledge in terms of trench warfare. (Question 2) I should have said shit about rough conditions and all that stuff we learn in like year 9.

DAMN

Actually FUCK! Hold on. Question 2 was about attempts to break the stalemate and the somme hey. Q3 was trench warfare (and it needed no extra)...awesome... oh ok... i went sick then.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
If you studied, then you found it easy. If you didnt, then you found it hard.
yes, that's very true.

I worry about how some of you performed in the exam based on your reponses in this thread though. There hasn't been enough engagement with the question, indicative of pre-prepared answers. The question is "Easiest exam in a far while?", which requires comparison of this years exam to earlier HSC modern history exams- this feature has been lacking in most answers. Only after this comparitive analysis could a student evaluate the view that this years was the easiest exam in a far while.

stu_jacks88

WW1 - Straightforward

Germany - To me, they were more difficult than some past exams, the question specifically on Elites was difficult, while the Totalitarian question was fair, but not easy.

Cold War - The question on USSR policy was fair. But who the hell spent any time looking at nuclear protesters in enough detail to write a whole fricken essay on them??? Bet you its somthing like 5-8% of all students....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)