Easiest Test Ever! (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
... i know i am going to upset a lot of people, but i felt that the advance paper was one of the easiest test i've ever done. the questions fitted my prepared response perfectly, i was practically laughing in the exam.

anyone felt the same way?

maskd

HSC
Haha I didn't prepare anything, the questions were pretty good as they allowed for some leeway when "winging it" (aka making crap up)

I made up a text for Powerplay, it even had a metaphor and some personification which I made up in the exam. :)

I finished Powerplay because it's my worst module, and read the other questions, they weren't that hard, but I knew I had to actually write for another 80 minutes. I was more bothered than anything in that exam.

But it's over, NO MORE ENGLISH EVAR!

earthnfire

HSC
I didn't find it too hard...i was expecting it to be a lot harder. I found taht i could easily give a spin to my prepared response so that it could fit the question

bassqueen16

HSC
i was just psyched that it turned out to be 3 essays ( for me anyway) and not freaking conversations or interviews or speeches :)

SureBluff

HSC
The problem with "just making crap up" is that you won't have the evidence to back it up, unless you have context and evidence from quotes to back up your claims, the textural integrity is lost and you won't get a good mark.

nallask8r

HSC
ya i quite liked it, speeches was bit superficial coz they only asked for 2 but eh. lol calling it "Easiest test ever" little bit of overstatement but yeh i know your drift

passion89

HSC
I thought my trials were marginally easier - but this exam was definately not the hardest. All in all, I'm happy.

shimmy&shine

HSC
bassqueen16 said:
ditto! :)
Though most people I talked to didn't care, they were just like "shit".

In essence, the exam questions were straightforward. You had to give what they asked. bottom line.

I think i did well for Mod B and C but A was very scrappy, because I wasn't in the flow of things.

I'm glad that the first poster found the exam so very easy, now just be considerate about your comments to other people, which I'm sure you will.

vigNETTE

HSC
it soooo wasn't easy, I actually wanted different text types cos I know other ppl don't like them and you can't prepare for different text types (hate ppl who write generic essays, like what, can't u actually think on the spot or something but I guess not as English is compulsory...) but most ppl wouldn't ve prepared one for these questions anyway (except for lucky you, wuddie, grrr). oh well, i just feel like crap cos i wrote a crap response to Lear cos I wasn't thinking, I feel so cut, Im (pretty sure I'm) not as stupid as my response will sound like. >sigh<

Marquis

HSC
LMAO! That was the easiest exam! 3 essays flat out, exactly as i'd prepared them, fit perfectly to the questions. NO MORE ENGLISH!!!!!!!!

rocafella32

HSC
thats was a b***h...seriously wtf was up with mod C frontline question..in a normal essay question there would be one or two key words you look for...in this freekin question there was like 10010191010938...it was like perspectives, significance, truth, human, experiances and then youve got to do some shit like embrace it...
i think i lost my point half way through it and then started to narrate the texts i was doing

However i feel good cause all those people out there with generics would have been screwed, and all those people who felt like they made it up and did well might, as sure bluff said, not have the evidence to back it up.
I reckon ive got a good mix of both...mine was structured, but i changed it to the question...now all i got worry about is handwriting :~

ane_st

HSC
That paper was pretty simple... And esp since all the texts were quite broad at fit the concept of the module extremely well..

:)

the_essence

HSC
Meh, the exam was HARD...way harder than my trials..but with that said, i still did very well and im glad it was very specific as it will certainly differentiate the prepared generic responses from the ppl who knew their txts really well

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Allow me to undermine everyone's confidence by saying that was easy. 3 essays, 40 mins each. Just do what your teachers trained you for all this year. Talk about techniques, ideas, themes and quotes and you've got it.

Jennac88

HSC
Does anyone do Ondaatje in Prose Fiction for Module B? Cos that was crap! In our trial paper it was my best section and this time round it sucked! Module A i thought was pretty reasonable and Module C just needed a slight shift in thesis for the notes i had prepared. I do Entension 2 English and was hoping to pull a band 6 in advanced but i think that's gone right out the window...

xxxx8888

HSC
i memorised all 3 essays and 2 of them fit perfectly.

the last essay didn't matter because it was basically all notes in paragraph form but the fact that it was for module b screwed me up because i didn't understand the question.

god, even if the BOS asked totally specific questions they weren't going to stop me from using my pre-prepared essays. har har.

cooki

HSC
OMG YES.

My brave new world question went something like

"HOw did your study of bnw and br bring to the fore the consequences of the desire of control?" or something..

my thesis in my prepared response was about the consequences of political and scientific control of the natural elements of human expression...

like OMG.

Very interest frontline question - made me think about the module in a whole new way and sustained my interest thoughout

and easy king lear question..thank you BoS..mwa mwa

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Very interest frontline question - made me think about the module in a whole new way and sustained my interest thoughout
If we were already cynical about the media, how did we answer that? I just detatched as usual and spoke in hypotheticals, saying that "one's" ideas would change.

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Ennaybur said:
wtf with no other text types? crazy
Other texts types throw me off. With three essays, you can just set aside forty minutes for each, and put your head down. I thought that as well, but it turned out for the best. I was suprised they didn't specify for any of my modules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)