Easy exam for anyone? (1 Viewer)

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Did anyone out there actually find this exam easy and are very confident of cracking band 6?

I personally fucked the exam up something severe and if i studied and got more than four hours sleep the night before, i wouldve gone better...

anywho, who out there found it easy??????

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
there's no way i'm gonna get a band 6. I've worked hard all year to get 80s for my exams but after this one, i'd be lucky if i get a band 4! = (

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
i found the exam to be alrite, some parts were pretty easy.. i studied quite a bit for chem

altho i realize now that ive lost a couple of marks due to stupid mistakes.. (like in mult choice)..which is pretty typical of me

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
The exam was stupid in some spots, I really find it difficult to comprehende the relevance of a chemistry exam to assess a person's chemistry skills, especially seeing as chemistry is a really more of a practical subject. An exam fails to emulate any real situation based in a career of chemistry.

Saying that, I think ill either get a band 4 or 5, i'm more of a practical student.

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
It wasn't hard, it was just a long test that made it seem harder than what it actually was.

I liked it ^^

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Terra_Niux said:
The exam was stupid in some spots, I really find it difficult to comprehende the relevance of a chemistry exam to assess a person's chemistry skills, especially seeing as chemistry is a really more of a practical subject. An exam fails to emulate any real situation based in a career of chemistry.

Saying that, I think ill either get a band 4 or 5, i'm more of a practical student.
I agree with you. I did chemistry and did alright in the HSC, and once I got to uni, the level required to do well in chemistry at uni is very high. Only about say 5 to 10% of the HSC chem is relevant in university. Uni mainly emphasise on practical stuffs, equations, about 80% of the course is reinforced by calculations, reflecting the practical nature of chemistry. HSC chem test you on how well you construct your written answers with key words and verbs, like assess this, evluate that. In uni, the exam ask you something like: Give equations; calculate the solubility.
Or questions that require answers in words are: give explanations for...; Under what conditions is delta G equal to zero; About 90% of the exam paper is equations. And many people have found difficult in obtaining high marks in chem at uni, even though they have done chem at high school.

Same with physics.

HSC Biology on the other hand, helped a lot in university. With all the basic principle covered, but of course, uni is more indepth.

Bridget

I found it easy.... even though I didn't study much. I just love chem and it sticks in my head...

I'm one of the students who will get the 7 markers on history of ships, CFCs and ozone etc right, I'm a little unsure about some of the calculation-type questions.

I'm very confident though.

sub

hard hard hard!!! not to mention a stupid test...where was the chemical monitoring and management? :vcross:

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
I MIGHT land a band 6, but doubt it. You never know these days but, lets just hope the 4 guys above me reckon the same (one guy walked out thinking he's gonna get 95:O) It was a hard test, but if you studied the boring stuff, it was do-able. Reckon it was easy if studied :p

Cheers.
Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)