economics or pdhpe?? (1 Viewer)

kwek

HSC
hi. im having trouble deciding which subjects i should do and am asking for some advice. the subjects that im currently doing include:
english standard
maths advance
physics
investigating science
community and family studies

for additional info:
- its early in the year and the school is giving students the chance to switch subjects right now
- im currently doing economics with the subject combo above but im afraid that id be too overwhelmed, especially with physics and maths advance. another thing is that i don't read the news AT ALL
- im not really planning to do any commerce degree in the future. i just enjoy economics and am finding it fun so far.
- im not really sure how i feel about pdhpe, but based on past years of studying pdhpe, i felt neutral about it.
- even if i really don't like a subject, i would still try my best and work hard in it. idk why but it has just always been like that, which is exactly why im in this spot rn 0_0 i dont know if i should do smth im neutral about (pdhpe) or smth that im enjoying so far (eco). pls help
- i have already fulfilled my career path assumed knowledge requirements with maths and the two sciences. im just tryna decide eco or pdhpe as i need two more units

does anyone have any suggestions on whether i should just do eco or drop it and switch to pdhpe?? would it be better to take eco or pdhpe with my current subject combo??

thank you

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, you should aim to take the subjects that you are interested in and believe that you would be able to perform well in. From your post, despite the fact that you are not planning to study a commerce degree, you seem to have a positive attitude towards Economics, which is a factor that will likely make studying/preparing for your assessment tasks/exams in this subject a more pleasant and potentially less time-consuming process. Based on this, you may wish to consider keeping Economics, especially given that you felt neutral about PDHPE, which is an indication of more certainty in terms of Economics when compared to PDHPE.

On the other hand, a potential basis for taking PDHPE would be an interest in studying a degree targeting health and/or physical education, such as a Bachelor of Health and Physical Education. If you are interested in studying this degree (or a similar degree), you may wish to consider taking PDHPE, given that it is treated as assumed knowledge/recommended studies for such degrees and that it would provide you with a foundation of knowledge that would assist you in making a more comfortable start, should you be interested in studying a degree such as this.

Alternatively, you may wish to consider taking both Economics and PDHPE, resulting in a total of 14 units. Despite the fact that 14 units is a large number of units, keep in mind that none of your year 11 results contribute towards your HSC results or your ATAR. This option therefore provides you with the opportunity to experience both Economics and PDHPE, allowing you to make a more informed decision regarding the subject that you should keep as you approach year 12.

I hope this helps! 😄

kwek

HSC
Essentially, you should aim to take the subjects that you are interested in and believe that you would be able to perform well in. From your post, despite the fact that you are not planning to study a commerce degree, you seem to have a positive attitude towards Economics, which is a factor that will likely make studying/preparing for your assessment tasks/exams in this subject a more pleasant and potentially less time-consuming process. Based on this, you may wish to consider keeping Economics, especially given that you felt neutral about PDHPE, which is an indication of more certainty in terms of Economics when compared to PDHPE.

On the other hand, a potential basis for taking PDHPE would be an interest in studying a degree targeting health and/or physical education, such as a Bachelor of Health and Physical Education. If you are interested in studying this degree (or a similar degree), you may wish to consider taking PDHPE, given that it is treated as assumed knowledge/recommended studies for such degrees and that it would provide you with a foundation of knowledge that would assist you in making a more comfortable start, should you be interested in studying a degree such as this.

Alternatively, you may wish to consider taking both Economics and PDHPE, resulting in a total of 14 units. Despite the fact that 14 units is a large number of units, keep in mind that none of your year 11 results contribute towards your HSC results or your ATAR. This option therefore provides you with the opportunity to experience both Economics and PDHPE, allowing you to make a more informed decision regarding the subject that you should keep as you approach year 12.

I hope this helps! 😄
thank youu. it really did help!! I've decided to stick with eco :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)