Economics Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

dhru

HSC
Any thoughts on the Extended Response Questions?

I think Macro+Micro and External Stability

juliastegner

HSC
external stability was just tested last year..I think they'll ask a case study question

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know if we are only allowed to write on the lines for short answers? Or are we allowed to write underneath and to the side of the lines?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Does anyone know if we are only allowed to write on the lines for short answers? Or are we allowed to write underneath and to the side of the lines?
You shouldn't need to write more than what is given

dhru

HSC
Well how about Eco Growth and Development

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
You shouldn't need to write more than what is given
Our teacher tells us to draw diagrams and if we have time, write more than the lines provided in short answers. It obviously works considering that we always have 60%+ getting band 6 for eco, but I'm not sure in the actual HSC if we are able to write outside of the lines.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Our teacher tells us to draw diagrams and if we have time, write more than the lines provided in short answers. It obviously works considering that we always have 60%+ getting band 6 for eco, but I'm not sure in the actual HSC if we are able to write outside of the lines.
That is for Extended responses.

However For short answerswhich is what i replied to, the amount of lines should be more than enough. Yes you can write more but honestly you shouldn't need to in short answers

I would be very surprised if a teacher tells you to draw diagrams in short answers

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
That is for Extended responses.

However For short answerswhich is what i replied to, the amount of lines should be more than enough. Yes you can write more but honestly you shouldn't need to in short answers

I would be very surprised if a teacher tells you to draw diagrams in short answers
We do it in short answers. This is her 4th year at the school, and in the previous 3 years the % of kids who have got band 6's in eco have been 69%, 46%, 60%. So, she must be doing something right haha.

I also tend to write quite big at times, so it isn't always possible to fit my answer in the lines provided.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
We do it in short answers. This is her 4th year at the school, and in the previous 3 years the % of kids who have got band 6's in eco have been 69%, 46%, 60%. So, she must be doing something right haha.

I also tend to write quite big at times, so it isn't always possible to fit my answer in the lines provided.

I am really surprised about this, would of thought it would be waste doing it in short answers.

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
I am really surprised about this, would of thought it would be waste doing it in short answers.
Someone actually started a thread about it in the Economics section of the forums. They wanted to know whether it was essential to draw diagrams in short answers. I just draw mini diagrams, I wouldn't draw a very detailed Keynesian income-expenditure diagram or anything like that.

dhru

HSC
Btw does anyone have a decent knowledge on Labour Market, or anyone have an essay to go, i urgently need it
Ps: Pls it's really essential

funkygirl59

HSC
I go to the school that topped the state in 2009, beating even james ruse haha. my teacher taught that class. always 90% in band 6 at least. girl in my teacher's class topped the state in eco in 2009. she has never said to add diagrams for short answer. stupid idea.

Skriker

HSC
Btw does anyone have a decent knowledge on Labour Market, or anyone have an essay to go, i urgently need it
Ps: Pls it's really essential
Haha yup I have one I actually want it too be in the essay and if it is I will laugh at EVERYONE :D

maxc16

Get some
HSC
Haha yup I have one I actually want it too be in the essay and if it is I will laugh at EVERYONE :D
I think it probably will, but I think there is a high chance that it will be paired with case study

Skriker

HSC
I think it probably will, but I think there is a high chance that it will be paired with case study
Dammit I hope not :/ oh well if im like the only one doing a labour market reform policy than hopefully the markers will be more generous xD :)

SXCBEAST

HSC
Yes in just 22 hours no more economics ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lordquas

HSC
N/A
everyone is predicting labour markets, especially with all the news and reforms regarding it.. in my opinion environment will def be in it, same as distribution of income, and possibly contemp trade blocs and int. organisations, and a case study for extended.. i think they will try to in cooperate carbon tax

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
everyone is predicting labour markets, especially with all the news and reforms regarding it.. in my opinion environment will def be in it, same as distribution of income, and possibly contemp trade blocs and int. organisations, and a case study for extended.. i think they will try to in cooperate carbon tax
You clearly haven't looked at last year's exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)