* Economics Tutor: 2nd in the State 2008 * (1 Viewer)

Emil7051

HSC
It's getting towards the serious end of the year now with Trials and HSC exams not too far away.

As a student from last year, I've maintained a real perspective on the way the HSC game needs to be played, and a real handle on the syllabus content of HSC Economics. I received an overall Economics mark of 99, which ranked me 2nd in the State.

This year, I'm on the most prestigious scholarship offered by the Economics Faculty at the University of Sydney to pursue an Econ/Law degree, so my knowledge of the subject has since been extended.

Economics is a great subject, and one that's not difficult to do well in if you work smart. As a tutor, I focus on ensuring you have a sophisticated knowledge base of the syllabus and great essays accordingly - but I also provide significant practical advice on the particularities of exam strategy for Economics, and direct your study beyond the textbook, using my own notes and other external sources to ensure your responses stand out.

By the by, I'm a State level debater and a national level public speaker - a good communicator and a great teacher. It also means I'm well experienced in developing logical, persuasive and sophisticated arguments - a skill that can be taught for awesome essays.

Times and locations are negotiable, but my fee is $40/ph for one on one assistance.
This is comparatively more than a lot of tutors, but I offer comparatively better assistance accordingly. The Department of Education pays me $65 an hour to coach debating so its really not worth my while earning less.

You can PM me, or contact me with enquiries at emil7051@uni.sydney.edu.au.

I'm also able to coach any level of English, Modern History, and Latin but all of these depend upon the particular topic areas you're studying. Contact me for more information if you're interested.

All the best with your studies!
Edward Miller (Econ/Law)

UAI 99.65
2nd in the State in Economics 99/100
48/50 Ext 2 English
48/50 Ext 1 English
95/100 English Adv
96/100 Modern History
97/100 Latin
48/50 Extension Latin

Economics and Business Faculty: Deans Undergraduate Scholarship - USYD

Last edited:

Emil7051

HSC
No, but I was pretty good at maths I only dropped it because I didn't like it and didn't want to spend two years of my life doing 9 periods a fortnight of something I didnt enjoy!

The University of Sydney places a lot of emphasis on maths and quantitative skills - largely because to do post-grad work that's what Econ is all about. There's bridging courses that are run, but as long as you can differentiate, and handle logarithms and exponentials, you should be ok.

Emil7051

HSC
Hahaha, the HSC economics syllabus has almost no maths in it whatsoever.

And the University of Sydney pays me $22k a year to study economics and statistics for them, so I must be doing something right.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hahaha.
Well the university of sydney pays me $22k a year to study economics for them, so I must be doing something right.
wow, what kind of scholarship is this? 22k a year? that's crazy

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha, the HSC economics syllabus has almost no maths in it whatsoever.

And the University of Sydney pays me $22k a year to study economics and statistics for them, so I must be doing something right.
That's insane!
Congratz on your work tho

Emil7051

HSC
Scholarships - The University of Sydney

Lol, USYD dont have any 22k scholarships... he's full of himself
USYD don't have any single scholarship that's worth 22 thousand, but if you're interested you can read the section where it specifies that you can hold more than one scholarship.

I'm not going to turn this into an ego trip, but for those that are interested in my tutoring, I'm more than happy to provide you with the relevant documentation as would be the case with a normal CV process, that isn't available over this forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)