EES pracs!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

chado21

does anyone else have a problem with trying to remember all the experiments we did in ees?
we did heaps of them and each one was pretty complex and specific....think i'll have to make them up on the spot

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
well i don't remember any pracs.... didn't have an earth prac book..
i don't think the pracs matter that much- but then again i mmight be wrong :rolleyes:

del

HSC
N/A
i only remember doing one prac....

i dug 2 holes in the round tipped water in a measured something with a ruler........

experiment didnt work very good though

serena1

:)

I think we need to remember two prac, one is about soil compaction and the other one is the waste treatment....
I just hope the paper not going to have something unexpected...
Look at the biology paper, it's like an english test...all you see is line line line....feel like writing an essay or something....

anywayz, just wondering...do you guys know anything about different group of stromatolities????

del

HSC
N/A
all i know is that theres modern and ancient stromatolies.... theres modern ones in shark bay

ees never was my bestest subject.... probably 'cos it was my extra 2 units

chado21

blah

i honestly don't think you'll need to know the different types, apart form ancient and modern day ones..... there are a fair few different types like conical,domal etc etc..
hope its not like the bio exam......if it is , then it means that i will study for the whole course and only use about 5% of the knowledge i gained from studying, what a jip

Raider

was it the one where u put stuff in a plastic bottle, waste that is, and then eventually, gases form, and then u light it to test for gases

its called a bioreactor i think, we did that

del

HSC
N/A
ooh i remember...... we did this one of different methods of waste management, like filteration and aeration and skimming and stuff

i remember someone had to blow into a air through a straw into dirty water which had a drop of soap, cos the small particles or something would gather in the soap or something, which could then be 'skimmed' off......

If the prac question is anything like the one in the bio exam then we've got nothing to worry about...you'll probably be able to pretty much make it up

chado21

yep true...
is anyone else doing the option ' introduced species"?
we did it and by the looks of the other options .it seems to be the easiest...

serena1

yep we did introduce species as well....
I think we only need to know 2 plants and 2 animals
very clearly.....

btw how to draw a stromatolite? cos in indepent paper, there is this question ask you to draw and label cross section of a typical stromatolite....
Anyone done the indepent paper instead of catholic?

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
yeh i did introduced species too.... my assesment was on rabbits, cane toads & lantana - if we need to know 2 plants i think i'll go with salvina :)

do you think they'll ask for a specific species?>... ie. Carp?

serena1

:)

They might ask about other animals or plant, i think u just need to know the others animal or plant...But I think u need to know ur project really well......

Raider

i seriously doub that they would ask for specifics, as the dot point states, 2 animals and 2 plants, no specifics really : /

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)