Effect of EAS and SEAS on interview prospects for Monash and UNSW (1 Viewer)

chelseahunter

HSC
N/A
Hey :)

I didn't do too well in my UMAt (mid 80s) but I got EAS (for NSW) and SEAS (for Victoria) bonus points due to financial disadvantage. Does this mean these points will automatically be added to my ATAR (99.65) when universities rank me for interviews? For example, UNSW second round interviews come out on the 22nd - do I need to do anything to indicate I have received bonus points? Is this the same for Monash?

Thanks,
Anxious Med Hopeful

madijd

HSC
I think for EAS the universities are automatically told about your EAS and add them on without you having to tell them :)

Not sure how it works for interviews though, but thats what I've been told for normal entry

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
No such thing as EAS for medicine at Monash or UNSW
Sorry :(

Xt

HSC
N/A
Does this mean these points will automatically be added to my ATAR (99.65) when universities rank me for interviews?
Not sure about Monash, but for UNSW Medicine EAS points aren't 'added' onto your ATAR, like non-Medicine courses. They will only consider you if you just missed the cut-off (for example, say you scored 90% UMAT and needed 98 ATAR - they will consider you if you got something like ~97.8).

chelseahunter

HSC
N/A
Not sure about Monash, but for UNSW Medicine EAS points aren't 'added' onto your ATAR, like non-Medicine courses. They will only consider you if you just missed the cut-off (for example, say you scored 90% UMAT and needed 98 ATAR - they will consider you if you got something like ~97.8).
aah that makes sense! So when the rank me, i'm assuming they'll still use my original atar? Because that'll mean even if I am offered an interview and do well, my rank will still be very low :/

chelseahunter

HSC
N/A
UPDATE: I got a 2nd round interview offer, so i'm pretty sure UNSW does accept EAS points :)

Xt

HSC
N/A
Congratz on the offer. UNSW will basically finalise the rankings and you'll be bumped up a bit (because of the increase in ATAR).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)