Email from UAC. (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Did anyone else receive the following email from UAC?

You have a letter from UAC. To view it, visit Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) - Apply for Australian tertiary study and:

choose the relevant path - UAC Undergraduate, UAC International or UAC
Postgraduate
click on 'Online applicant services' on the top right of the screen
enter your UAC application number and UAC PIN
click on 'View correspondence'.

Read your letter carefully and take any action required.

If you have any questions, call UAC on (02) 9752 0200.
Universities Admissions Centre (NSW & ACT) Pty Ltd

I'm really paranoid and worried now. Is it an offer, or did I not fill out my preferences correctly? Do I need to pay a late fee?

So many things rushing in my mind. I have to wait till 7:30am-12:00am now, since they emailed me 11:55pm. Sigh. :mad1:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Last edited:

rx34

HSC
Fret not my friend, just wake up early and check the letter tomorrow. Maybe you got a special early round offer! Good luck.

Last edited:

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
If I have to "view correspondence", it must be from one of the University's I applied for (I hope).

Also, if they sent me the email that late (only 5 minutes to check it), it might not be as important then. I'm thinking too hard about this LOL.

Frat not my friend, just wake up early and check the letter tomorrow. Maybe you got a special early round offer! Good luck.
Thanks so much. Comments like these help a lot. Repped.

oh yeah.

um who knows, just sleep on it and report back here tomoz
Cheers Jason.

Last edited:

astroe

HSC
Yeah, I didn't get one so it must not be a student-wide thing, hence special. :p

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
i'm thinking that if it was sent at 11:55pm it must have been some automated response to something or other.

maybe one of the courses you applied for had to be cancelled or something?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yeah, I didn't get one so it must not be a student-wide thing, hence special. :p
Thanks Astroe! I don't think it'll be anything special, nor do I expect it. I hope it's an ordinary letter saying that my preferences can still be considered to the Universities I applied for lol.

i'm thinking that if it was sent at 11:55pm it must have been some automated response to something or other.

maybe one of the courses you applied for had to be cancelled or something?
Good thinking :). That might be a possibility. I hope it's not saying "You have not been accepted into *insert course here*". It shouldn't be (offers are yet to be released, besides the early round).

Last edited:

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
no, there's no way it could be a main-round offer. I would presume they have some legal liability not to release them before the set date (20th Jan).

also I remember last year when I received my main round offer I didnt recieve any "letter" in my correspondence - I just got my UAI.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
no, there's no way it could be a main-round offer. I would presume they have some legal liability not to release them before the set date (20th Jan).

also I remember last year when I received my main round offer I didnt recieve any "letter" in my correspondence - I just got my UAI.
Hmm alright. Then I have a suspicion that there's a course cancelled, and the appropriate action that I'd have to take is to add another preference or leave it. My courses seem popular though (Commerce, Economics, Law etc.).

Thanks again :).

uac.aplcnt

HSC
I remember I got one of those before, but thats because I didn't pay my UAC application processing charge..unless you did, maybe you used a credit card to pay? Because that takes a while to transact - only the post office is immediete.

But you shouldn't worry alot now, later you should start :dog:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I remember I got one of those before, but thats because I didn't pay my UAC application processing charge..unless you did, maybe you used a credit card to pay? Because that takes a while to transact - only the post office is immediete.

But you shouldn't worry alot now, later you should start :dog:
I'm pretty sure I did pay, but I'll double check again (I have a feeling I do owe money). Does it hinder your chances to get in your preferences in the main round? No wonder I didn't get an early offer for Economics/Law at UWS...(they emailed me late December stating that I might, but I didn't get one in the early round in January).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
So....did you worry all for nothing? :p

rx34

HSC
I got one of those and it was an offer letter. Woohoo. (for postgrad though).
Hope yours was likewise good news!
Grats! Vet science is such a great course. Damn, going to the vet costs so much these days. My dog's medication cost more than my whole year's worth of medication costs combined.

philphie

Banned
HSC
i never take my dog to the vet and she's as healthy as ever, just getting old and lazy. as long as i give her a balanced diet and walk her everyday nothing to worry about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)