Encore noms 2016 hsc (1 Viewer)

alohapeeps

HSC
hey everyone!

did anyone receive encore nominations yet? :)

on that note - how did people feel their hsc performances went? and the dreaded sight-singing??

Firzen824

HSC
i too would like to know

congratz on the nomination if so!
i am not salty

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
No nominations yet - I'm hoping for some of my compositions to get some :)

Not expecting one for performance, I was a bit iffy. Sight singing was so easy ❤❤❤

wasabi323

HSC
You guys can check now on studentsonline.bostes.nsw.edu.au if you have gotten a nomination!!
Tell us if you have gotten any!!

Starry Roses

HSC
I didn't do Music 2 >.>
But I did get a nomination!! :3 I did all four performances but I have my suspicions as to which performance was nominated.
Speaking of which, anyone know what the requirements are for Encore nominations? I heard that you have to get 20/20 for three out of four of your practical examinations/compositions?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I didn't do Music 2 >.>
But I did get a nomination!! :3 I did all four performances but I have my suspicions as to which performance was nominated.
Speaking of which, anyone know what the requirements are for Encore nominations? I heard that you have to get 20/20 for three out of four of your practical examinations/compositions?
Encore nominations are as simple as the markers going "this would be good for encore" and writing that on their marking sheet. It has nothing to do with any other performance/composition/unrelated task.

I think 20/20 is also an instant nomination, but I'm not sure about that.

Starry Roses

HSC
Encore nominations are as simple as the markers going "this would be good for encore" and writing that on their marking sheet. It has nothing to do with any other performance/composition/unrelated task.

I think 20/20 is also an instant nomination, but I'm not sure about that.
Oh, okay. It's still exciting, though! =)

And another question; hopefully, my last: when you record the pieces, would you record them all with no breaks in between, or are we able to pause/stop the video between pieces?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Oh, okay. It's still exciting, though! =)

And another question; hopefully, my last: when you record the pieces, would you record them all with no breaks in between, or are we able to pause/stop the video between pieces?
You should be able to record them all separately - every piece that was nominated is a "different" nomination. To be sure you should contact someone from BOSTES, though I'd wager you don't need to one take all of your pieces :p

Starry Roses

HSC
You should be able to record them all separately - every piece that was nominated is a "different" nomination. To be sure you should contact someone from BOSTES, though I'd wager you don't need to one take all of your pieces :p
Right, thank you! ^-^

Kygo

HSC
Mate from my school got a nomination for performance! :guitar:
Has anyone got their composition nominated yet, I wonder if it's sent out with the same batch of performance nominations....
Congrats to any guys & girls who got nominated - must feel good knowing that putting up with BOSTES' shit for 2 years has payed off already aha

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Mate from my school got a nomination for performance! :guitar:
Has anyone got their composition nominated yet, I wonder if it's sent out with the same batch of performance nominations....
Congrats to any guys & girls who got nominated - must feel good knowing that putting up with BOSTES' shit for 2 years has payed off already aha
Compositions will come out probably within the next month - they're still in the process of being marked, and they'll send out all the nominations together. :)

Kygo

HSC
Sweet as bro! My comp did decent in the internals so who knows...
Now to focus on the musicology paper :cool:

---
If anyone has some tips for melodic dictations that would be much appreciated - please don't be one of those arrogant fuckwits who says "Oh dude, it's really easy if you have perfect pitch" - I hope you go die in a hole hahaha. Seriously. That wasn't a joke. Don't be arrogant about your ability in Music 2. No one cares.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Sweet as bro! My comp did decent in the internals so who knows...
Now to focus on the musicology paper :cool:

---
If anyone has some tips for melodic dictations that would be much appreciated - please don't be one of those arrogant fuckwits who says "Oh dude, it's really easy if you have perfect pitch" - I hope you go die in a hole hahaha. Seriously. That wasn't a joke. Don't be arrogant about your ability in Music 2. No one cares.
Yeah, I've spent at least a solid 80 hours on my comps so I'd hope at least one was nominated... :p

For dictation it's a mixture of natural ability and practice. Read lots of music, play lots of music, and you start being able to "predict" the intervals so you need to listen less and can kinda fudge it first, fix it up later. Pray you don't get something stupid like "Dictate the third clarinet line" in a clarinet quartet or something. There's not much else you can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)