'Engaging the question' (1 Viewer)

SolitarySnakez

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey there,

I have an upcoming Othello essay and was told by the teacher that I should try to "engage with the question." What exactly would this mean? Would love some advice, even if it's just a few tips, thanks!

Wizjaro

HSC
Ok so what I tend to do is I look at the keywords in the question and then use simpler words to ask myself the question in a way that I understand better. Then after that I give myself an answer again in simpler terms, then I make the answer more academic. If you want an example you can pm me a question and I'll take you through how I would tackle it. But essentially whatever your answer is becomes your thesis and now your essays whole focus is proving your thesis which you do with evidence + analysis. But every time you analyse something make sure you link back to your thesis from the start so that its clear what the point of the analysis was. Hope that helps, you can always pm me for more clarification :)

SolitarySnakez

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok so what I tend to do is I look at the keywords in the question and then use simpler words to ask myself the question in a way that I understand better. Then after that I give myself an answer again in simpler terms, then I make the answer more academic. If you want an example you can pm me a question and I'll take you through how I would tackle it. But essentially whatever your answer is becomes your thesis and now your essays whole focus is proving your thesis which you do with evidence + analysis. But every time you analyse something make sure you link back to your thesis from the start so that its clear what the point of the analysis was. Hope that helps, you can always pm me for more clarification :)
Thank you so much, I'll have to give that a shot. If I ever need anything then it's good to know I can pm you. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)