Engineering and Math Ext (1 Viewer)

m.robertson

HSC
According to the UAC Guide, assumed knowledge for Engineering is Math Extension 1. I've only done Math Advanced, and I'm pretty confident at that, so what do you recommend?

I'd really prefer not to do a bridging course. For those already doing Engineering, specifically Chemical Engineering, is Math Ext really necessary? Would I experience difficulty without it?

adgala

HSC
If you do normal/advanced, you'll pretty much be doing extension 2 mathematics in both semesters (1001/1003). i think it's do-able as long as you study hard during the semester and not fall behind. there's also some extra math help for people who didn't do the bridging course through the mathematics learning centre.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
No. I wouldn't bother.

fush

HSC
first year maths really isnt that hard, all the theory is introduced from fundamentals, so as long as u put the effort in u should be right with the harder material... bridging courses are not really needed...

dont know much bout chem eng, but all of the maths learned in first year is used throughout the course in civil eng

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
yeah as above, if you do a decent amount of work you'll be fine. Usyd also has a learning center for people who didn't do extension maths. I only did 2 unit adv maths and managed to get away with 2 passes (59 and 64 in first semester) and 2 credits (66 and 74 in second semester).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)