Engineering at TAFE (1 Viewer)

rod100794

HSC
Hi!

I completed my HSC this year (well, last year - you know what I mean) but wasn't successful in gaining entry to an engineering course anywhere due to a low ATAR as a result of a rather terrible year. However, I was offered entry into the UNSW University Preparation Program 17-20. My question is, what would be best; to study two years at TAFE and get an Advanced Diploma of Engineering (https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/se...tCourse&CourseNo=10391&selType=coursesResults) or accept the UNSW offer, which is one year of academic skills + basic maths/eng topics then into 1st year Engineering?

Would the TAFE diploma cover any subject credits? (Making this method similar to doing two years of engineering at, for example, Wollongong and then transferring to UNSW) If not, would completing the diploma even help me gain access to a university or would it be an entire waste of time altogether?

The prep program would cover only one subject, i.e. 6 credits, effectively making it a waste of a year except that it grants me entry to UNSW Eng.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)