engineering/commerce (1 Viewer)

Ferrero

can anyone tell me which engineering in usyd is the most worth doing? coz i've been accepted in eng/commerce, but i haven't decided which engineering i am going to take. is anyone doing e-commerce eng? can i combine e-commerce eng with commerce??
thanks for your help

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yes you can combine e-commerce eng with commerce. actually its recommended that you do both degrees if you want to work in the e-commerce industry.

as for which type of engineering you should do, do whatever interests you... LOL... most first year engineering students do the same core first year units anyway so if your not happy with what you started with, you can simply trasnfer internally!!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jlh
yes you can combine e-commerce eng with commerce. actually its recommended that you do both degrees if you want to work in the e-commerce industry.

as for which type of engineering you should do, do whatever interests you... LOL... most first year engineering students do the same core first year units anyway so if your not happy with what you started with, you can simply trasnfer internally!!
yeah, i'm taking the flexible entry stream as well this year. :)

Ferrero

what's the 'flexible entry scheme'? does it mean you can begin your degree whenever you want??
originally, i wanna take on the challenge to do the aerospace/commerce, but the professor said that's nearly impossible. also i don't find the connection between aeronautical and commerce.
by now, i don't care what i like, coz i don't really know what exactly i am good at. what i consider now is the degree can give me a better job prospect, that includes whether the engineering degree offering by usyd is the competitive one compare to the other uni. i know aeronautical eng is not bad. can anyone tell me the other engineering degrees??

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
ferrero: i reccommend u to look at the undergraduate handbook for engineering- if u wanna know abt. all the other types of engineering, and also ya uac book. :)

but yeah, flexible entry allows u to do a common first year, and after that u get to choose what stream of engineering u wanna do...its good if ur undecided as to what engineering to do- but u wanna do engineering. :D

btw, u can't transfer to electrical, software and computer engineering from the first year flexible degree btw.

Ferrero

Originally posted by freaking_out

btw, u can't transfer to electrical, software and computer engineering from the first year flexible degree btw.
what about e-commerce??
i am thinking of doing e-commerce or aeronautical at the moment.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ferrero
what about e-commerce??
i am thinking of doing e-commerce or aeronautical at the moment.
well, i don't know if u can choose e-commerce engineering thru the flexible stream- coz wif the flexible stream, u can't choose things like electical and software engineering- but u can choose the other engineering though....just check up on the website abt. flexible stream. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)