English EC (1 Viewer)

Erinaceous

HSC
Hi! I'm just wondering, are there any english based EC that anyone knows of that they have had experience in? I'm just thinking of english competitions and contests at the moment lol but has anyone actually done a few? If so, what were they?

Thankies :D

Ironist

HSC
There's always National Novel Writing Month (NanoWrimo), in which you attempt to write a 50,000 word novella within the span of one month. It's really fun and whilst the majority of your writing is admittedly going to be rushed and pretty shit, it pretty much decimates whatever writer's block you have. Plus you get an award and a free copy of the book when you're finished! With that said, it's not recommended to do NaNoWriMo during HSC for obvious reasons.

Erinaceous

HSC
There's always National Novel Writing Month (NanoWrimo), in which you attempt to write a 50,000 word novella within the span of one month. It's really fun and whilst the majority of your writing is admittedly going to be rushed and pretty shit, it pretty much decimates whatever writer's block you have. Plus you get an award and a free copy of the book when you're finished! With that said, it's not recommended to do NaNoWriMo during HSC for obvious reasons.
lol xD Just googled it and it seems like fun! Thank you :)
I have a few questions - do they give you a theme? I find anything about it, and it just leads me to question, what's stopping someone from starting before the first of novemeber? XD
Also can you use microsoft word? Or is it more like, type into the program that Nanowrimo provides?

Thank you again :D

Ironist

HSC
lol xD Just googled it and it seems like fun! Thank you :)
I have a few questions - do they give you a theme? I find anything about it, and it just leads me to question, what's stopping someone from starting before the first of novemeber? XD
Also can you use microsoft word? Or is it more like, type into the program that Nanowrimo provides?

Thank you again :D

They don't give you any theme - it's basically writing whatever you want! There's nothing stopping a person from 'cheating' and just starting before the 1st of November, but remember, NaNoWriMo wasn't designed to be a competition or anything, it's really just a means of getting a person motivated to write (with cool incentives like a copy of your own book!)! If you start before the 1st of November that just means that they've succeeded in getting you off your lazy ass and start writing, haha!

The way it was done when I did it was that you could write in any programme you wanted, and you just copy whatever you've written into their word count and it automatically updates for you.

No worries, and I hope you enjoy the experience!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)