English prep? (1 Viewer)

Magical Kebab

HSC
In starting to prep for the hsc from now, I'm starting wonder what the best way to prep for English is.
I'm gonna start by writing what I do + ill ask what everyone else recommends on doing for each paper/section. I've made this thread mainly cos I need help on how to prep generic essays.

unseen texts
Just practice + learning how to structure answers whilst including textual analysis.

creative
I'm mainly working on improving 3 creatives from now till the exam whilst including specific language techniques etc to make it look good lol

AOS essay + paper 2
Now here's where I need help in preparing. I like the idea of making generic essays and memorizing them but I'm not sure on how this exactly works.
What I've done in the past is pretty much prepare a list of quotes + techniques and memorized them and then apply them on the day. This might stay the same for me but I was just wondering if everyone could help me in saying how they prepare for the essays and if you guys do make generic essays, what does it involve? Is it mainly evidence? Also when making a 1000 word generic essay and purely memorizing that, doesn't it limit u on how u can respond to a question? I know state-rankers have used the 'make a generic essay then memorize it' technique, but how do u actually make a generic essay - is it just the quote-technique thing?

Any input would be great cos I'm confused on the whole generic essay thing cos I really wanna use it but not sure how to

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I'm not going to do any of the generic essay business, I'll make sure to memorise my quotes, read certain professional analysis of certain texts (like Hamlet) and get ideas from there, and write a couple of essays to give to the teacher for feedback to improve style and other stuff like that

unseen texts: practise

creative: having a ready story that is written, might do a second one

essay: read things, memorise quotes etc

Paper 2: same for essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)