English Standard Band 6 (1 Viewer)

Gotei

HSC
Hey guys my Internal ranking is 1/100~ in a school ranked 500ish. I have recieved 100% in all my assesment tasks and in the trial i got 86%.

My aim is to get a band 5 atleast. If i hit around 75/105 what will my mark get scaled up to? will it stay the same or go abit just a little bit.

I'm not too sure with all this aligning stuff. any help would be appreciated :)

Washy_182

HSC
Well the maximum you can get in standard is a band five. If you get a mark higher than 90, it will be scaled down to the 80s. The rationale behind this is that if you are good enough to get a band 6 in standard, you should have done advanced.

But otherwise, not sure. A 75 in advanced would be scaled up to a band 5 for sure.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Well the maximum you can get in standard is a band five. If you get a mark higher than 90, it will be scaled down to the 80s. The rationale behind this is that if you are good enough to get a band 6 in standard, you should have done advanced.

But otherwise, not sure. A 75 in advanced would be scaled up to a band 5 for sure.
You can get a band 6 in standard english, how only ~60 people get it every year

@OT: a 75/105 will probably get a band 5 however, it's hard to say what a band 6 will be

Last edited:

barbernator

HSC
i don't think you will have any trouble getting a band 5 OP :) around 8% of standard candidates get a band 5 or above, so you should be sweet considering your internal.

Gotei

HSC
Hmm yeah Its just that paper 1 has really screwed me over and I don't know if I'll hit a band 5 :\

bertstare

HSC

Notsureifsrs.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

I feel sorry for you, you must be very gullible. How could you be stupid enough to believe such a thing...

Sure only 0.16% achieved a band 6, but that just shows how ridiculous what you said is. http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2011_12_15130.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)