english tutoring (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
Weird question....but what exactly is the point of English tutoring?

beetree1

HSC
I only go for their resources because school gives you nothing.. And I guess if you find a good one, they'll be able to test your english skills and refine them weekly

dumNerd

HSC
I only go for their resources because school gives you nothing.. And I guess if you find a good one, they'll be able to test your english skills and refine them weekly
Resources?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
When getting an English tutor you really need to look around a lot. It's not like maths and sciences where there are plenty of people

The tutor I got she was very helpful in terms of providing essays from other students she had in the past. Even if it wasn't always on the text I was doing, they are very helpful because it allows you to see how a person who gets a high mark writes an essay and structures it.

Also, if you are someone who is refining essays every week then a good tutor will be helpful because they will able to mark it and give you feedback. Teachers a lot of them are usually busy with assessment marking so you are less likely to be able to give them multiple essays to mark. That feedback if the person is experienced can really improve your marks

However, it's like tutoring for any subject. What you get out of it is linked to what you put in. If you are making best use of the tutor then yes it will be helpful but if you just go there unprepared and not having a clear idea of what you want to get out of the lessons chances are it won't have that much of a dramatic impact on your performance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)