English tutors: do you prefer them to spoonfeed or not? (1 Viewer)

Iunny

Spoonfeed me please! Why do I need another english school teacher and someone I have to pay extra for too!

The whole point of tutoring is to get spoonfed for english. Hate how the tutors don't spoonfeed you and teach you like they're some highschool teacher

Iunny

Hello again!

Thats not true, private ones don't always spoon feed. Trust me, I'll know. Some of them believe in, I'm private tutoring you to "inspire" you to work hard at home

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
spoon feed!! i llove it when english teachers & tutors spoon feed...means i dont have to think..just write it down and memorise!!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
theres so many english notes essays and resources available on the net.. as well as other english teachers to help at school
i dont get why u ppl have tutors?

Iunny

Because the stuff on the net has been read by like, half the state

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
the texts have also been read by everyone else.. there isnt much more you can say which is being a total individual from others
unless u make up techniques or something..?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i dont c the point of english tutors...i can understand maths maybe but english?! i've never had an english tutor and i came 2nd in the prelims and the girl who came first who got a high nineties mark never got tutored for english either :confused:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i love spoonfeeding, but only in english heheh it's great having a private tutor who actually knows they stuff!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'd get annoyed with a teacher that doesnt want to teach me anything.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Originally posted by neo_o
I'd get annoyed with a teacher that doesnt want to teach me anything.
if you're referring to what sportsgal said, i don't think it's a case of him not wanting to teach them anything at all. it may just be his STYLE of teaching that is different, and i personally would prefer a teacher who makes me do the work, rather than them doing it for me. they won't be sitting next to me during the exams, whispering the answers to me.

santaslayer

HSC
fine then.....all u hafta do is d/l and purchase a million of those study guides and copy it all out.....thats more of a positive step towards avoiding spoonfeeding syndrome......lol

Merforga

I think i can say from experience that it depends on the student as to whether an English Tutor is helpful or not. The problem with english is that its so ... iffy. Theres no real set answers to the questions proposed. And as to learning it, people learn in different ways and that affects learning english greatly because of the broadness of it. To me english tutor is useless, I learn better just by doing it myself, however for some other people it might be useful.

Iunny

What people don't realise is, English tutors help you write better *well, they're suppose to do that* Teachers at school cannot give you the attention you need if your writing sucks

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Originally posted by Iunny
What people don't realise is, English tutors help you write better
Teachers at school cannot give you the attention you need if your writing sucks
thus the reason y i've got 1...i dont have enuf resources or knowledge...& im shit (well i was b4) at doin essays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)