enrol, suckers (1 Viewer)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ok.

there are alot more fucked things going on at the moment.
but, if it turns out to be true, this is still fucked in it's own special way:

If Howard succeeds in cutting of thousands of last minute enrollers - this means young voters. It is really important that if you know anyone who is 17/18 and not yet enrolled that you let them know this.

>>>
Media sources suggest that the federal government is planning to pass legislation to close the electoral rolls as soon as the election is called. This would be a blatant move to block young people out of the election and increase the incumbent government's vote.

If you are aged 17 or over and not enrolled to vote you need to enrol
NOW.

You can download an enrolment form at
<http://www.aec.gov.au/_content/what/enrolment/forms.htm>
http://www.aec.gov.au/_content/what/enrolment/forms.htm (click on the
link towards the bottom of the page for the form for your state).
i've heard from another source that the date for the federal election will be august 7th.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I was one of the week after people back in 2001... I do not know why I bothered, though, given the candidates for the Lindsay electorate and all.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ive already enrolled, although I wont get to vote unless the election is in November or later (and that wont happen)

chepas

HSC
I've enrolled as 17 and will be 18 by next election, and since then I have got about a dozen letters from different MPs etc telling me their story, and 'Welcoming me to the electorate' - that's funny, because I have lived in the electorate for 16 years of my life....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)