Enrolment Day (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Hey i was just looking around and saw the site for science about enrolment (http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/entry2005/enrolment.htm) and had a few questions:

1. Are these dates certain or subject to change?
2. It says we should bring a science handbook, where do we get the handbook from?
3. When is the deadline to pay off the HECS contribution and still be able to get the discount?

Thanks

Teresa_2004

HSC
yeah... i would like to know as well. I didn't even know there was a science handbook. It also says on the site that we have to choose our unit of study choice there and then (well thats how i interpreted it) - do we get any 'before time' to make these decisions?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Now is your chance to look, there is an online draft handbook, but you can change your subjects online later on after enrolment

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Handbook is availabe online to download or you can buy it from the student centre...order form is on the wesbite.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
Handbook is availabe online to download or you can buy it from the student centre...order form is on the wesbite.
Serious? I didnt see the form. Do you mind providing the link if possible?

edit: found it http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/ science isnt available yet

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
the enrolment dates are for certain.. different faculties are on different days and then different surnames have different time slots. if you can't make it you can get someone to go in and do it for you.

you can buy the handbook at your enrolment, you really don't need to buy it cos all of it is online anyway

last year the deadline was at the end of o-week, i expect it to be around the same time this year

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
No, combined degrees have allotted times too.

Question: It says I need to bring my tax file number. I don't have a TFN. Is this a problem?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You usually have until the HECS census date (end of March) to get one, especially if you wish to defer all of part of your HECS. If you're going to pay it ALL upfront, then its not a big problem, however you should always give them a TFN for safety purposes incase you can't pay. If you apply now, you'll get it within 28 days :).

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
No, combined degrees have allotted times too.

Question: It says I need to bring my tax file number. I don't have a TFN. Is this a problem?
wof, get a TFN asap... and when ur application is bein processed, i heard they will give u a letter, brin that letter along with u durin enrolment ...

in any case, u have before the census date to give ur TFN or it's game over for u this yr... u gotta either pay up front, or not goin to uni or defer...

hm btw, i thought the deadline to receive a 20% discount is before the census date?? or am i dead wrong??

also u don't have to pruchase a hand book... when u enrol in science, there are like 500 copies of hand books lyin there for u to use... not sure abt other faculties tho...

combined degree u will be appointed to join a particular session... i think for sci/comm, u join sci pplz, for comm/law, u join comm pplz, for sci/law u join sci pplz...

Teresa_2004

HSC
For my chosen degree, i must complete 6 credit points of maths, chemistry, etc. So before i enrol am i ment to delegate my credit points to choosen units of study. If anyone has seen the science handbook on the web, it has a list of units, but it confuses me because it doesn't correlate these units to 'maths', 'physics', etc in particular. Help! :confused:

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Teresa_2004 said:
it doesn't correlate these units to 'maths', 'physics', etc in particular. Help! :confused:
First year math units will start with the course code MATH 1XXX each is 3 credit points and their are normal and advanced versions as well as a 1st year terminating unit called Life science math (or something like that).

1st year Chem and Physics start with the course codes CHEM 1XXX and PHYS 1XXX they have normal and advances versions too! Each is worth 6 Credit points.

Newayz u can see a full listing of the different units and descriptions for a Bachelor of Science degree at:

http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/science/03_undergradunits.shtml#tablei

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Teresa_2004 said:
it doesn't correlate these units to 'maths', 'physics', etc in particular. Help! :confused:
First year math units will start with the course code MATH 1XXX each is 3 credit points and their are normal and advanced versions as well as a 1st year terminating unit called Life science math (or something like that).

1st year Chem and Physics start with the course codes CHEM 1XXX and PHYS 1XXX they have normal and advanced versions too! Each is worth 6 Credit points.

Newayz u can see a full listing of the different units and descriptions for a Bachelor of Science degree at:

http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/science/03_undergradunits.shtml#tablei

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hey dude just get your TFN you'll need it if you want to defer your HECS, and you'll also need it to get a job. it's not very hard to apply for one.

Teresa_2004

HSC
so, does that mean i can only choose from the handbook, units of study that are specifically:
-maths
-physics
-chemistry
-biology
[...should of mentioned that this is for medical science]
cause there is options in the handbook for say anatomy (ANAT XXXX) - would they be options for other science courses only?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Teresa_2004 said:
so, does that mean i can only choose from the handbook, units of study that are specifically:
-maths
-physics
-chemistry
-biology
[...should of mentioned that this is for medical science]
cause there is options in the handbook for say anatomy (ANAT XXXX) - would they be options for other science courses only?
Best bet would be to consult the handbook to see the regulations and requirements. It details exactly how much credit points must be taken from each subject area

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
for med sci, first yr, i recall u NEED to do: (to my recollection... well most of my fwnds did them any way)
12 cp of maths,
24 cp of other science electives... u will need to choose from chem/phys/bio...
and 12 cp of elective...

tho most med sci i kno does all three sciences, i think only chem is mandatory...

as regard to anatomy, i would think that's a 2nd or 3rd yr course... u need to have some prereq for that... see if it says ANAT2XXX or something...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)