Enrolment & orientation (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
just wondering when everyone's enrolling!! i have to go to Strathfield campus at 12:45 this Friday. :) i'll be driving - it's about 40-45 minutes from my house.

who's going to orientation week?! i think i'll be going Monday (14th), Tuesday and Thursday of that week. Monday sounds like it's sort of compulsory because you meet with the course co-ordinator and all that kind of jazz. Tuesday and Thursday have workshops that will probably benefit me, because it's been too long since i've worked my brain!! ;)

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
mishka said:
just wondering when everyone's enrolling!! i have to go to Strathfield campus at 12:45 this Friday. :) i'll be driving - it's about 40-45 minutes from my house.

who's going to orientation week?! i think i'll be going Monday (14th), Tuesday and Thursday of that week. Monday sounds like it's sort of compulsory because you meet with the course co-ordinator and all that kind of jazz. Tuesday and Thursday have workshops that will probably benefit me, because it's been too long since i've worked my brain!! ;)
yeah, i have enrolement on friday at 8:30 arghh to early
then a week break before oreintation day on the tues then weds and thurs
:cool:

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
i enrolled today, its so easy, only takes half the time it says, and that was with my bloody dad deliberating over everything i was writing down!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i went this morning 8:45am
haha wow there were actually guys there that was suprising.. im sure they were all doing exercise science though
i got there at like 8:15 cuz i thought it would take ages due to traffic and it only took like 25 mins! i got home at like 9:40... that was cool
i like how u can drive and park there thats pretty cool
i think in o week ill go mon to thurs.. got nothing better to do

LazyBoy

HSC
i went to the north sydney campus. 20 min drive to a station then a 1/2 hour train trip :( Took like 20 mins to enroll all up.

mishka

HSC
N/A
cro_angel said:
haha wow there were actually guys there that was suprising.. im sure they were all doing exercise science though
lol, that's what i thought too!! but when people were invited to talk to the course co-ordinator, i was surprised at how many of them went down to the Primary Ed co-ordinator!!

i was in and out of the auditorium in half an hour - if this is how organised ACU is all the time, i'm loving it already!! :D

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
i'm so pissed about my uai not being enough for b ed (primary) but i'm still at acu...hey mon, you con come back to my house after each day...n drive me home haha :p
i'm gonna have to work so much this year cos i'll be applying for a transfer into teaching at the end of it...
mishka, its a good thing that those guys are doing teaching, the new blood coming through n all that...HORRAY FOR THE Y CHROMOSOME!!! :p

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
addict said:
i'm so pissed about my uai not being enough for b ed (primary) but i'm still at acu...hey mon, you con come back to my house after each day...n drive me home haha :p
i'm gonna have to work so much this year cos i'll be applying for a transfer into teaching at the end of it...
mishka, its a good thing that those guys are doing teaching, the new blood coming through n all that...HORRAY FOR THE Y CHROMOSOME!!! :p
what course are u doing. and where at :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
louise get ur ps u lazy bum :p u had ur ls like 7 months before i got my ls and ur still on them.. and ive had my ps for 6 months!
has anyone checked out the draft timetables? i dont understand how theres 4 different ones for primary ed.. how do i know which one i have to do or do we get to choose?
cuz yeh some have tuesday night tutes and some dont.. im doing croatian @ macquarie on tuesday nights so wouldnt be able to make it *growls*
shes doing ba @ strathfield

mishka

HSC
N/A
i think i figured the timetable out for primary ed. ours is Prim 1 cos we're in our first year. then it looks like there are 8 (?) tutorial groups, so i guess we'd pick one group... and everyone attends the same lectures. i could be, and probably am, wrong!! :p orientation has info on timetables, so most likely we'll choose then and learn what all the gibberish means!!

i'll be catching the train to enrolment, but maybe one day i'll have a go at driving in peak.. should be fun :rolleyes:

LazyBoy

HSC
at North Sydney they sat down and explain our timetables. On thursdays i gotta be there at 8am until 6pm with a 3 hour break in the middle.

Hey mishka you said you live 30-40 mins away from strathfeidl where do u live?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mishka that totally makes sense!
hmm tute group 4 looks ok.. but whats with 2 being on at the same time?
so we dont need to go to uni on thursdays.. but thats our prac day im guessing?

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
cro_angel said:
mishka that totally makes sense!
hmm tute group 4 looks ok.. but whats with 2 being on at the same time?
so we dont need to go to uni on thursdays.. but thats our prac day im guessing?
my timetable is confusing..

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm ive noticed quite a few tute groups have double up tutes.. and tute group 8 has only like 3 tutes (when most have 6) eh?
i saw somewhere that we have a tutorial selection thingo during o week so i guess itll come together then

mishka

HSC
N/A
yeah, there's probably a simple explanation for it. :rolleyes: and yes, thursdays are our prac days!! how exciting!! hopefully i'll be able to get a school closer to home so i don't have to travel too far every week :) i guess all that sort of stuff will have to be organised soon - maybe o week as well??!!

it'd be cool if some of us were in the same lectures and tutorials, obviously cro_angel will be in some of mine :D

LazyBoy said:
at North Sydney they sat down and explain our timetables. On thursdays i gotta be there at 8am until 6pm with a 3 hour break in the middle.

Hey mishka you said you live 30-40 mins away from strathfeidl where do u live?
i live out campbelltown way, so it's probably going to be more like 45-50 mins in peak hour traffic. oh well, at least i can catch a train directly to strathfield, cos our line is linked with a few others. :)

Last edited:

mishka

HSC
N/A
i just found THE best page on ACU's intranet: click me!

according to this, every subject has 2 hours of lectures and 1 hour of tutorials every week. so for the B Ed (Prim)-ers :p that means 15 hours every week in our first year. :)

now maybe we can work out this timetable.... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)